Inaccurate Trip Clock

Guest ibtc

Has anyone else noticed the trip clock Odometer feature on GPS3+ to be inaccurate. Try resetting your trip clock, monitor it by the regular clock (bottom right hand corner on trip page). Make sure it's set to TOTAL minutes, not moving minutes (this makes a HUGH difference if you stop during your traveling, - rest area, refueling stop etc.) It will lose 1 or 2 seconds every 5 or so minutes. This is a small problem I guess, but if your traveling long distances, the lost seconds adds up. My Journey started at 07:03:12 AM (Hours:Minutes:Seconds), my trip clock timer was set to 0- at exactly 07:03:12. At 07:13:12 (GPS clock) my trip clock timer showed 09:58- (9 minutes 58 seconds). It should have showed 10:00 (10 minutes, 0 seconds). It lost 2 seconds. At 07:23.00, my trip clock showed 19:55 (19 minutes, 55 seconds). It lost another 3 seconds. Any thoughts to why this is happening?

I've noticed when travelling on the highway and driving under an overpass, the satellite strength bars drop right off just for a split seconds. I wonder if this can contribute to what you are seeing. I'm going to take note of that on my way home from work tonight and see if any time is lost.

------------------

Happy Caching, Olar

"if you come to a fork in the trail, then take it!"

Guest Geoffrey

I have a 3plus also, and it is older technology. What I do is to go by what the tracklog says about the date and time for each breadcrumb. The 3plus has older software and hardware technology, and the Time to go feature tends to be way off. The Magellan 4000 XL was worse, it sometimes skipped seconds on the clock. the 3plus problem has to do with the software based Trip timer function. I use either the Vista or the 3plus for my running/jogging, and save the tracklog using G7toWIN.

Here is the link.> http://members.home.net/crh24/gps/g7towin/g7towin.htm

Use this to keep track of trips, and whatever.

The Garmin GPS V has new and improved hardware and software.

------------------

http://members.aol.com/geoffr524/myhomepage/howto.html