Etrex Mariner-do you use it?

Guest gmagers

Guest gmagers

Does anyone here use an Etrex Mariner? How do you like the software installed? Do you find it more useful than the Worldwide City Database?

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest Rubberhead

I have an eTrex Mariner.

Inwardly, it's identical to a Venturer. There are three differences. 1)It has a Marine database installed along with a Worldwide city database. The Marine database takes up some room so the Worldwide City database is not as complete as the Venturer's. 2) It's white instead of translucent green. 3) It cost at least $10 more.

Save yourself the $10 and buy the Venturer. You can download the Marine database from the Garmin website into your Venture (I Think). I was able to download the worldwide city database into my Mariner.

I keep both the Marine and Worldwide City databases on my computer and download which ever I think I'm going to need.

I fish offshore and the Marine database is very good for navigational markers, but the marine points of interest off of Garmin's POI CD are much better.

Guest gmagers

Hey Rubberhead, Thanks a bunch. I have two posts going on here. As I understand, you have the Mariner and are able to download thee Venture software with no probs. You mention the info in the Mariner city dbase is not as extensive as the Venture. Do they just drop off some of the smaller cities. icon_wink.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest gmagers

Hey Rubberhead, Thanks a bunch. I have two posts going on here. As I understand, you have the Mariner and are able to download thee Venture software with no probs. You mention the info in the Mariner city dbase is not as extensive as the Venture. Do they just drop off some of the smaller cities. icon_wink.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"