Garmin repair- back in 3 days!

Guest justdrivin

Guest justdrivin

Well my wife and geo-partner Navigirl left the GPS 12 on the rear bumper last weekend..we found it, but the screen was cracked. I didn't have to say anything, as she was more upset at the possibility of not getting to go for a whole weekend! We sent it to Garmin on Tuesday and today there was a new one on our doorstep. $59.00 for the "re-furbish", including shipping. Not bad, as the unit was almost 2 years old. Have to say Garmins warranty/repair service was great.

justdrivin

Guest Growley

I am more impressed with the fact that you got them to answer the phone!!! I have been on hold with them for about 2 hours total and have never spoken to a person. I gave up and hope my MAP76 never needs repairing. Glad to hear your incident turned out o.k.

[This message has been edited by Growley (edited 07 September 2001).]

Guest James Kilroy

I called Garmin today and got a tech on the phone on the second ring! Not only that, but the 2-year-old unit I returned for warranty repair on Monday via USPS Priority Mail had made it to them Wednesday, so I just barely beat the air traffic shutdown! Then he told me that the unit had already been logged in and was on a technician's bench being repaired, as we spoke!

I am happy as a clam with Garmin service so far!