easy GPS upload problem? or is it me?

I downloaded some waypoints direct from the geocaching website, and attempted to upload them to my Garmin GPS 12. Only four of the 8 were accepted. It keeps telling me that invalid waypoints were received. Can someone tell me what is wrong with the rest? I didnt edit them at all at first, then I started removing things like names, descriptions, or just abbreviating them, thinking that maybe they were too big. That didnt help at all. Still only got four.

I am using Version 1.0.5 EasyGPS for Groundspeak, with a garmin GPS 12. Yes, the wires are hooked up correctly! Thanks in advance...

Michael icon_confused.gif

Maybe this is a dumb question but I happen to be good at these.

I have a Garmin e-trex. Although I have not obtained the pc cord yet, I am trying to figure out what i'm doing so when I buy the cable (next week that is) I will be prepared. I just downloaded easygps. When I download a cache, will it automatically go to the easygps file for downloading or must I transfer the files? icon_cool.gif

inceptor

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys

quote:
Originally posted by cleenjeep:

I downloaded some waypoints direct from the geocaching website, and attempted to upload them to my Garmin GPS 12. Only four of the 8 were accepted. It keeps telling me that invalid waypoints were received. Can someone tell me what is wrong with the rest? I didnt edit them at all at first, then I started removing things like names, descriptions, or just abbreviating them, thinking that maybe they were too big. That didnt help at all. Still only got four.

I am using Version 1.0.5 EasyGPS for Groundspeak, with a garmin GPS 12. Yes, the wires are hooked up correctly! Thanks in advance...

Michael icon_confused.gif

Try http://www.easygps.com/EasyGPS.exe (version 1.1.6). This should remove any characters that your GPS can't handle. If not, contact me at EasyGPS support directly.

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/