Feel free to Markwell me about Meridian Tracks

I have a meridian yellow and I would like to know how to have the track (or "go to") line which appears on the screen after selecting a waypoint to follow my current position instead of stay where I was when I initially selected the waypoint.

I know I read it in one of these forums earlier but me recent searches have been unsucessful.

Any help would be wonderful

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

If it works like the MeriPlat (which I assume it does), you need to press MUNE while on the map screen. Then choose MAP SETUP. Go to the DISPLAY tab and check POS-DEST LINE and uncheck DEPART-DEST LINE. You'll need the latest firmware to do this.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

I think this only works for firmware v3.12 & above....

Go to the map screen, hit Menu->Map Setup, then hit the -> key. Scroll down to Pos-Dest Line, and checkmark it.

This is the Position-to-Destination line that one end will follow your position.

Below that is the Depart-Dest Line. Of course that one is the one that highlights the position where you activated your Goto, and does not move. You can uncheck it, so it wont display.

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker7M:

I think this only works for firmware v3.12 & above....

I'm pretty sure it's actually 4.02 and above. But ether way, if you don't have the POS-DEST and DEPART-DEST LINE selections, upgrade your firmware.

homer.gif

You guys are great,.....Thank You. icon_biggrin.gif I had the same question and you have answered it. I also noticed when I was in the screen to un-check the Depart-Dest Line, that there was a box next to *AREA* that I have checked. My question is how do you find out what the AREA of something is that you have traversed ?? What software ?? Or is this a future feature that Magellan plans to give us in a software up date ????

I think you might be mistaking a Point Of Interest checkbox for area calculation...I'm guessing that you have MapSend Streets & Destinations. I have Topo, and just below the Departure-Destination Line checkbox is a checkbox for "Arch." If I scroll down a little further then comes Area, Bar, Basin, and the whole list of POI's that are available with Topo. So if you scroll further you'll see POI's that you can toggle on/off with the checkboxes...or you can get them all with the Mark/Clear All at the very top. This lets you control what POIs display on your map screen.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

embra~

Thanks for the reply. I have both MapSend S&D and ToPo and I was hoping that with all of this software and a MeriPlat that I could figure out how to get an *AREA* in sq.ft. or acres as an added benefit from this wonderful GPSr. That was the reason for my question.....if it is just a POI, oh well. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks

I seem to recall that my Garmin Venture had that feature on it (and so I would presume most of the etrex line could do that). Although the Plat has many features, area calculation is not among them, alas. I recall reading recently about a palm software application that could give you area from a collection of coords...can't remember if it was in this forum or in the Yahoo group, though.

Max

quote:
Originally posted by embra:

I seem to recall that my Garmin Venture had that feature on it (and so I would presume most of the etrex line could do that). Although the Plat has many features, area calculation is not among them, alas. I recall reading recently about a palm software application that could give you area from a collection of coords...can't remember if it was in this forum or in the Yahoo group, though.

Max

Was THIS the one?

homer.gif