? downloading ver. 4.02 for the meridian green

ruger 44

I would guess you could power down unit and remove SD card at any time, should not have anything to do with "basic" unit. Access to card or way data is stored may change with new firmware though.

As for new firmware, I initially had some doubts, satellite locks screen was a bit disconcerting, but on actual hunt (two caches), new firmware put me within 10 feet of cache. So I don't think accuracy is a problem. Just getting all my "custom parameters" reset was a bit of a pain...

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

I think there are some features that make the upgrade well worthwhile. But then, I am among(what seems to be) the majority who are not seeing accuracy issues popping up.

There is nothing in the directions that say the SD card should be removed. However, I've seen at least one post where someone thought that it made a difference. It won't hurt to take it out, and it's not much trouble to do so.

Don't get even - get odd

I have upgraded my Green with no problem. I would take out theSD card i think the green shuts down more reliably during the upgrade with the card out. After you get the software in, put the card back in, go outside, clear memory and reinitialize and let the unit read for at least 15 minutes in a good open sky spot. I did this and my unit is flying.