Used PC

I'm a Mac guy. I'm looking at a used computer being sold by a local city hall office. It is a H/P 120 mhz, 32 Mb RAM 1.2 GB hdd and runs windows 95.

Drive, monitor and keyboard. It's only use would be to upload maps to my gps using mapsource. It is beng sold in a silent auction. Any opinions on the value/price? I'm guessing it may be cheaper than buying VPC and a new Keyspan USB-PDA bundle.

Quotes?

boo2.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Irvingdog:

I'm a Mac guy. I'm looking at a used computer being sold by a local city hall office. It is a H/P 120 mhz, 32 Mb RAM 1.2 GB hdd and runs windows 95.

Drive, monitor and keyboard. It's only use would be to upload maps to my gps using mapsource. It is beng sold in a silent auction. Any opinions on the value/price? I'm guessing it may be cheaper than buying VPC and a new Keyspan USB-PDA bundle.

Quotes?

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Irvingdog/boo2.jpg

Try $25. Don't go over $50. That system is so slow it would be extremly fustrating to use. Also, If you wanted to go online, I don't know any ISPs that provide software that works with Windows 95.

You would be happier with some of the other computer suggestions in this thread.

I'm not a Mac person but isn't there software that clones IBM?