meridian & waas

sivad

1. press NAV-GOTO-PWR and hold until the unit boots.

2. You'll get a two-digit menu screen. up-arrow until it reads "03". Press Enter

3. Welcome to the WAAS status screen. Pressing enter will toggle WAAS on and off.

4. press PWR to shut down and then when you re-start it will be in the WAAS mode you selected.

It still says "WAAS enabled" on the startup screen if it's turned off. That's ok. The unit will still average when you're standing still.

Some people says not to use WAAS when caching for various reasons...some of them valid. However, I've left it turned on and haven't suffered any ill effects. :-) There's an older thread on the topic you can search for if you want all of the info.

infosponge - where do you get the information on how to set waas on or off? I've also see people on this forum mention the "three finger salute" to reboot the processor. Is there a book out there somewhere on tips, tricks, and other good things to know about your Maridian? It sure would be nice since the CD based owner's manual is almost useless. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Wow!:

Is there a book out there somewhere on tips, tricks, and other good things to know about your Maridian? It sure would be nice since the CD based owner's manual is almost useless. Thanks.

Wow,

Nope... not that I know of. The book your looking for with all the tips and tricks? Your reading it right now.

Jamie