Street USA vs Streets/Destinations USA

Guest hazard

I should be recieving a Meridian Gold any

minute now, UPS is late today....

I notice that Magellan has a couple software packages, Map Send Streets USA, and Map Send

Streets and Destination USA. What are the differences?

JH

Guest Darkshade

Streets and Destinations has not yet shipped in this country. I was talking to a customer service rep at Magellan yesterday, and while there is a shipment due in this week, they have not yet seen a release version of it (just betas so far). If your choice is Streets or Streets and Destinations, wait for S&D. MapSend Topo includes streets and "outdoor" points of interest (parks and hills, etc), as well as airports, but there is currently a problem using more than 32MB of a 64MB SD Card on it.

Guest TheDevantiers

I picked up a copy of MapSend Streets off of eBay for pretty cheap. It arrives tomorrow, so I won't know anything for sure. But when I called Magellan, they said it would work with the Meridian Gold. The only two issues would be that the prompts would always refer to the 330, and that individual regions could not be more than 8MB in size. He said there would be no upgrade for MapSend Streets, you would have to wait for MapSend Streets Gold.