etrex Legend routing question?

I have an etrex Legend and was wondering if I set up a route the zig-zags back and forth will the unit follow it in the order I set or will it lock on a ref point that is closer then the next in line? I was thinking about setting a route with the center of each green on my clubs golf course as a ref point. Some of the holes on the back nine are very close to the front nine and I was hoping not to have to start each hole with a new goto command.

Pat in Louisiana

I never get lost. I simply investigate alternate destinations.

My experience says that this depends on what the route looks like.

A couple of days ago, I walked along a route I had programmed before. But after a while, I made a shortcut across the route, and joined the route again nearer the end, bypassing a 7 km long loop. First, my Vista pointed me away along the original loop, but when I started to come close to the final end of the route, it gave up and directed me to a waypoint along the remaining part of the route. This waypoint happened to be three waypoints ahead of where I actually came out on the original route again. The GPS refused to "back up" to where I actually came out, so I had to do that manually.

So, under some circumstances, they do bypass parts of the route, in order to more quickly get you to the destination, which is then assumed to be at the end of the route.

I'll not describe how to change the waypoint you are going to manually. If you don't know, just ask.

Anders

Anders