Garmin Customer Support

I was out caching recently and I was sitting on a bench. My GPSr fell off of the bench (half a meter) and hit the sidewalk. I picked it up and the LCD had cracked. With a cracked crystal, when turned on, I could only see about 1/2 of the display. I was more than upset. I believe the word 'livid' best describes my mood.

I called Garmin because it seems that the unit should have a much higher drop rating (at least a meter). I spoke with a fellow named Ryan and he took my name and info and told me to send it back and they would fix it at no cost to me. I am very impressed and pleased with Garmin in treating their customers in such an understanding fashion.

Just some background info on the GPS: An Etrex Summit, purchased in mid April 2003.

When I get the unit back I will let everyone know what they did to it (replace or repair).

::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::

Searching through the cave. Team VaxCave.

87743_200.jpg

About two months ago I dropped mine. It fell about three feet in my boat from the dash. It fell off when I hit a pretty big wave. My Vista is two years old. I did not crack my screen but for some reason I lost half of my display. Called Garmin, they said probably what happened is one of the plugs inside came off. The normal charge for repairing the Vista is $125.00. They repaired mine for $50.00 since I told them I did have some troubles with lines in the screen also. That $50.00 covered the two day freight back to me also.

I thought that was pretty good service and my next GPS will be a Garmin.

murph