Interstate 80 Pa. exit number change

PAWINGERS

I posted about this today in another thread. Three years ago PA changed the way all the exits were numbered. We went from sequentially numbered exits to exits matching mile markers. Most of Garmin's products have the old exit numbering scheme including the basemap for the GPS. The exit services information isn't nearly as useful for an unknown exit if you don't know the real exit info. CitySelect has corrected this but, as far as what I've seen, everything else has the wrong exit numbers. That's not too good for someone who doesn't know anything about the area they're driving in.

Since Garmin hasn't updated any of the mapsource discs for regular street changes I doubt they'll get to this anytime soon. One big problem is the exit services info is in the ROM and will always read the wrong exit number until they eventually make a model with correct ROM info. I have a brand new GPS V with the wrong exits in the ROM and the correct numbers in the CitySelect. If exit info is displayed it shows the old sequential numbers and ignores the CitySelect numbers.