Wristband for eTrex

SpongeRob

quote:
Originally posted by SpongeRob:

The eTrex is rather small. Anyone ever use/make a wristband for it. Perhaps attaching it to backpack either. Thinking velcro but wanted to know how somone physically attached it to the etrex itself.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to. If it's attached to your wrist long-ways (parallel to your arm), it would be turned 90° when you look at it, making it very difficult to read or use. If it's perpendicular to your arm, it would be very cumbersome, and you would be constantly knocking it into things.

The standard case with belt-clip and lanyard ring seem to work fine for me. When I have a backpack on, I clip it to the strap across me chest. It's out of the way, and it gets good signals.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

The idea does work. Buy an eTrex case from Target (around 12 bucks). Then go to a sporting goods store and buy one of the elastic wrist bands joggers use. The case will clip thru the wrist band. I use hiking poles and having the unit on my wrist allows me to read the GPS unit with out having to put down a pole. With luck you, can keep the GPS pointed more or less toward the sky and locked on the birds.

Good hunting,

Norm AKA GeoCat