Magellan 310 datum?

Guest Quinnow

Guest Quinnow

I do not own this unit but a person in my area has contacted me and asked how to set it so that it is wgs84? does anyone here know? i thought that it would be the primary setting on the unit but I did not want to answer something I was not sure of. He no longer has the manual and getting info from magellan is not always fast, so I thought I would post here. if you have that answer you might want to post directions for him to change his settings as well.

Thanks for any help you may provide!

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

Correction on above Question!!...What He is asking is why on the magellan 310 can't he enter the thirdt decimal place?

for instance...There is a cache called "creeks Edge" located in NY and here are the coordinates...

N 43° 16.908 W 077° 43.538 now on his magellan 310 he can't enter it like that, he can only enter it as N 43* 16.91 W077* 43.54

Is this just the way his unit is? or is there sa setting that will carry to the third?

Any help would be great!

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

I think two decimal places is all you get with the 310 - I will check tomorrow. But when you consider that two places is, at worst, 60 feet which is plus or minus the 10 metres accuracy we get from the system. Maybe the third decimal is just for show!

Guest YardBoy

Hi All, I'm the guy w/ the 310 (took me a day to register). For $89.95 at CompUSA, I guess I only get 2 decimal places. The proof will come in my using it this weekend. Amazingly, I've scoured the Magellan website to find no mention of decimal accuracy on any model. Nor Garmin. You'd think it to be a selling point for GeoCachers wanting to get closer than 60' in dense woods.

Guest Quinnow

ry nice e-mail feedbacks I have found out that the 310 does not go to the third entry beyond the decimal.

I hope that this helps some and not sure what will come of it, but please keep us updated in your findings and any new choice you make.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest cache_ninja

i beleive you guys, but just in case you missed something obvious, w/the 315, you go into setup, into coordinates, and then you pick lat/lon etc, and you have 3 choices, one being hours/min/sec,the others are w/2 decimal places and the other 3 decimals etc. i dunno if that helps, i bet the setup is dif on the 310, but i didnt realize this for awhile and had the 315 set only 2 places out, its sort of conter-intuitive to get to the place you need to be in order to change it....anyway, i found caches easily while being only 2 decimals out, so no worries!

c/n