Where can I download GPS tracks of Highways/Interstates

SomewhereInND

I was hoping to find a place where I could download tracks of Interstate systems, and/or Major highways. I am using a software package called GPS Tracker, that I use on my PC. It would be nice to let it display major highways along with cache waypoints. Then I would have a way of relating the location of a cache to the real world.

Bryan Harstad

Somewhere in MN (temporarily)

Next to a lake.

Lost in a forest.

quote:
Originally posted by SomewhereInND:

I was hoping to find a place where I could download tracks of Interstate systems, and/or Major highways. I am using a software package called GPS Tracker, that I use on my PC. It would be nice to let it display major highways along with cache waypoints. Then I would have a way of relating the location of a cache to the real world.

Cannot help you with tracks of interstates.

Can help you with relating cachelocations to the real world. If you use CacheMaps, you will be able to project the cache waypoints to (free online) maps of your choice. Giving you the connection to the 'real' world.

But if you want that on your GPS, you must have mapping abilities on the device itself.

You can build your own set of tracks by actually driving the interstates you need with your GPS turned on.

BigBird icon_smile.gif

CMLogo_Transparent_Dark_Medium.gif