GPS V, Where to buy?

Gophfer

to add one more

www.gpsnow.com

walk-in retail is usually a premium price on the unit and mapsource software (next item you will be checking out - city select, metroguide, topo, or roads/rec with the V - ****FYI - cityselect and metroguide are the only s/w that will allow autorouting with the V - other than the inherent Garmin base map).

I just ordered my Vista last tuesday from advancegps.com. So far, it has not arrived and I paid the extra three day priority mail shipping option. I was told it was shipped out on Wednesday. I call, no response! I e-mail, no response, I pray, still not GPS in mail. The price was good, but for me, but apparently not everyone, the service is a bit below par.

Hopefully there is a valid reason for this delay. I ordered rechargable batts and a cig adapter cable on friday and they are here (from other companies). Anyone else have a similar problem.

I am not dissing advancegps, but in retrospec, I would have gone with TVnav,com

Cozmo

quote:
Originally posted by Vertigo:

It's not a good idea to use the USPS for packages, expecialy after 9/11.

If we stop using the USPS when it meets our need at hand out of either convience or expense, because of 9/11 have we not given up a chunk of our freedom?

Food for thought....

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

The problem is not with USPS! Advancegps.com said that they mailed it out on Wednesday of last week. I just got my tracking number and it was shipped out on Monday (this week). They have given me wrong info.

Still, I have not gotten a response from them via e-mail. I sent three messages all without a response. I am sure they are a good company, but they have treated me pretty crappy.

All I would like is either an explanation of what happened (telling me it was back ordered or something) and maybe an appology. I havn't got either.

I paid the extra shipping because I wanted it for the past weekend! I am disappointed because it seems to have been a waste of money.

Does anyone have any other contact infor for people that own the business. Maybe they could give me an answer.

I am not dissing them. All of the good posts about them influenced me to order it through them. I just hate bad communication and failure to respond to e-mails. I will post my latest e-mail message below:

"Dear Sales Dept,

I just wanted to inform you that the tracking system is working. According to my tracking number, it was stated that:

Your item was accepted at 6:45 pm on April 22 in LOMA LINDA CA 92354.

(I ordered my Vista on April 16th)

1.) I understand that there may have been a backorder of Vista's, which would have caused the delay. This is fine and understandable, but I really wish that I was told this, and not told that it shipped last Wednesday (April 18th). This was the reason why I was concerned that it had not arrived.

2.) I have sent two e-mails to sales without reply. If I had tried to contact advancegps too many times, I apologize, but I have done so because I never got an answer to my questions from the sales department). Until now, after looking at the tracking page, I have not even known what the status of my order was. I was told it shipped the middle of last week (which was incorrect). Each e-mail that I sent requesting more info on this was not returned).

If you could explain why my order has taken so long and why there was a confusion in communication, I would really appreciate it. There are MANY individuals requesting information on where to buy GPS products, and I would like to refer them to your company. Unless I understand what the mixup was, I cannot, in all honesty, say that advance GPS was a good company to work with. I would rather not do that.

Have a great day,

Tom"

Well sorry I was wrong, but I guess it's a good thing that your GPS wasn't lost in the mail though.

I've had bad experiences with USPS, I just think it's best to ship packages with a comercial carrier like FedEX or UPS, before AND after 9/11.

Just my opinion of course, I hope you get your GPS soon!

quote:
Originally posted by lansink5mn:

If we stop using the USPS when it meets our need at hand out of either convience or expense, because of 9/11 have we not given up a chunk of our freedom?

Uh, no, actually we've gone a way towards regaining it. The Federal government has no business being in private business. And BTW, the USPS is a private business subsidized (in the past) by the Feds. I don't care if it's the only part of the Federal government that makes a profit. The government is not there to make a profit. It is there to provide certain minimal services to us, the citizens.

AtP

quote:
Originally posted by Atilla the Pun:

quote:
_Originally posted by lansink5mn:_

Uh, no, actually we've gone a way towards regaining it. The Federal government has no business being in private business. And BTW, the USPS is a private business subsidized (in the past) by the Feds. I don't care if it's the only part of the Federal government that makes a profit. The government is not there to make a profit. It is there to provide certain minimal services to us, the citizens.

AtP

We're both on the same wavelength here, believe it or not. I was NOT saying that one SHOULD use the USPS out of patriotism or any other obligatory cause, I was merely saying that if one WANTS to use the USPS that 9/11 shouldn't stop you.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I think we're way off the subject line......

quote:
Originally posted by Atilla the Pun:

quote:
_Originally posted by lansink5mn:_

AtP

We're both on the same wavelength here, believe it or not. I was NOT saying that one SHOULD use the USPS out of patriotism or any other obligatory cause, I was merely saying that if one WANTS to use the USPS that 9/11 shouldn't stop you.

quote:
Originally posted by lansink5mn:We're both on the same wavelength here, believe it or not. I was NOT saying that one SHOULD use the USPS out of patriotism or any other obligatory cause, I was merely saying that if one WANTS to use the USPS that 9/11 shouldn't stop you.

Absolutly! Sorry for the rant. icon_redface.gif

AtP

quote:
Originally posted by lansink5mn:We're both on the same wavelength here, believe it or not. I was NOT saying that one SHOULD use the USPS out of patriotism or any other obligatory cause, I was merely saying that if one WANTS to use the USPS that 9/11 shouldn't stop you.

Absolutly! Sorry for the rant. icon_redface.gif

AtP

quote:
Originally posted by gossamar:

I just ordered one off of Ebay "buy it now" for $399.50 from seller westplus1, whom is ranked very well be everyone whom has bought from him. Should receive this week....can't wait!! Then went to gpscity and ordered some goodies.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I bought mine from westplus1 also. It showed up in no time, and without any trouble. I got mine for $408 total. That would be tough to beat at a store. Another great guy to deal with is GPSGEEK at Ebay. I have bought several accessories from him, most for about half of what Garmin wants for them, and I get them in two days on average.

quote:
Originally posted by gossamar:

I just ordered one off of Ebay "buy it now" for $399.50 from seller westplus1, whom is ranked very well be everyone whom has bought from him. Should receive this week....can't wait!! Then went to gpscity and ordered some goodies.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I bought mine from westplus1 also. It showed up in no time, and without any trouble. I got mine for $408 total. That would be tough to beat at a store. Another great guy to deal with is GPSGEEK at Ebay. I have bought several accessories from him, most for about half of what Garmin wants for them, and I get them in two days on average.