magellan 330, but which CD software?

Guest wizmedic

Guest wizmedic

Hello,

I have had a Magellan 315 for a while and really enjoyed it. I just ordered the magellan 330 which will be here the first of next week. I have the DataSend CD for the 315, and saw that is doesnt work for the 330 :-( . I have seen the MapSend Streets and the Delorme Street Atlas USA 8.0 work with the 330. So which is the better software to get? I enjoy using my GPS for when I go riding my horse, but also use it for when I am at work on the ambulance (sure helps LifeFlight to know where I am when I need them). Any help or infomation that you can help with, I would be grateful.

Cheers,

Rick Guttery, NREMT-P

Guest lhocking

I went with the 330X ? so the MapSend came with it. It suggests that each upload to the GPS will replace what is there, which seems not very convenient. You can choose up to four areas to load at a time as long as the total is under the 8 meg limit. I used an older PC (Pent. II ? 75) and the upload took a LONG time. Start with batteries at 70% or better. Software requires some instruction reading to accomplish an upload ? not what I would call intuitive. Detail is on a par with any map that I would buy. Hope that helps.

I would think that if you download a copy of EasyGPS, you could move your DataSend waypoints through the 315 to that program and then use EasyGPS to load to the 330.

Guest bunkerdave

Rick -

As you know, I use the Mapsend; have not tried the Delorme. As far as uploading maps, I have managed to get all of Utah, except St. George, in my Map330. That about maxes out the memory, though.

As far as power for the GPS, you can buy a convertor from Radio Shack for 10 dollars, then you can just plug your GPS in to the wall. Saves batteries, and you don't have to worry about losing power in the middle of an upload.

Guest Tronapoke

I use Mapsend, seems to work real well. The only problem is that I havn't found an easy way to print maps. I have to save to clipboard and paste into other software, and then I havn't been able to manipulate the maps as I would like before printing.