Mapsource 4.04 beta now includes Geocache Icons!

Guest tcchap

Guest tcchap

Get it now! They have fixed several more items and added the Icons!

http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/agree_beta.html

Fixed problem that sometimes caused MapSource to crash at startup.

Added waypoint symbols for Geocache and Geocache Found.

Added stronger warning when over-writing preprogrammed data.

Changed to display an error message when the com port is not available for real-time tracking.

Thomas

Guest Hawk-eye

Still has an icon problem ... mapsource doesn't support all the icons on all their GPS units ... not a big problem ... but strange ... I sent my inquiry in ... may ... just maybe!

ot. I notice that some changes I made on my work PC (prior MS beta release), then saved to diskette and opened on the same release on my home 'pute lost icon and description changes. While it is possible that I didn't save all my changes on the work pc, I don't know how I couldn't cuz I did a save as and saved it to a floppy. My specific steps were 1. create a waypoint. 2. edit the waypoint to make the icon a 'white dot' and edit the description. 3. save to diskette. 4. open on home 'pute. I don't think the home pute did it, cuz I opened the file in EasyGPS too and the desc. and icon were missing. Before I report this, can somebody test and verify? Thanks

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by Pote:

Somebody, please test this...

You're not crazy ... it happens ... it also happens on some others because Mapsource doesn't support all the icons on their units. I've reported it ... hopefully more will report it ... lately they've really reponded to input from customers.