Logo Needed.

TheCat

I might be alone in saying this, but...

I kinda like the "logo" as is, ie, just the text.

It's obvious, to the point, and advertises itself within itself.

It's neat and tidy, and non-fussy. Seems to do the trick, to me, at least...

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

I think a new logo that is also to the point but simple- with a neat logo.

Think bout how the macdonalds M is worldwide renound as are the disney ears of Mickey- sumthing similar would be kool.

Imagine it in the future everyone will no the geocacheuk logo!

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

I can't draw it, otherwise I'd have submitted it already, but how about using what seems to have become the default logo for geocaching:

The circle around the cross, kinda like a "G" (see Kouros' pic in these forums). Just append a small ":UK" in green, at lower right and there you go.

Other than that, what's wrong with "G:UK"?

=====

There's no such thing as a free lunchbox!

quote:
Originally posted by washboy:

The circle around the cross, kinda like a "G" (see Kouros' pic in these forums). Just append a small ":UK" in green, at lower right and there you go.

It would be good to use something like the geocaching logo but I see a problem.

1, The fact that the geocaching.com Logo is copyright being the big issue and feel GC.com might get a little bit upset if we where to nick it.

Also I feel that we need something different to maintain our identity. Dont ask me what I am not a graqphic designer.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

quote:
Originally by TheCat:

1, The fact that the geocaching.com Logo is copyright being the big issue and feel GC.com might get a little bit upset if we where to nick it.

I don't think the "G"-cross logo is copyright gc.com or grounspeak inc. I've seen it used in various ways by several cachers, including Buxleys, but I don't think it's anything at all to do with gc.com

However, I can appreciate you want something unique for G:UK. I just felt that G:UK might help to make the G-cross symbol synonymous with geocaching worldwide - hence the ":UK" suffix.

I wonder where it originated. Any ideas, Kouros?

=====

There's no such thing as a free lunchbox!

quote:

I don't think the "G"-cross logo is copyright gc.com or grounspeak inc... I wonder where it originated.

It came about as a result of this thread in the General forum. GC had clamped down on use of their logo, so it was suggested that someone come up with a public domain logo that everyone could use. Some of the results are pretty impressive - check out the gallery.

SimonG.org

quote:

quote:
Originally by TheCat:

I don't think the "G"-cross logo is copyright gc.com or grounspeak inc. I've seen it used in various ways by several cachers, including Buxleys, but I don't think it's anything at all to do with gc.com

However, I can appreciate you want something unique for G:UK. I just felt that G:UK might help to make the G-cross symbol synonymous with geocaching worldwide - hence the ":UK" suffix.

I wonder where it originated. Any ideas, Kouros?

SimonG is correct.

The logo originated as an attempt to provide the caching community with a generic logo that can be used by all as a symbol of caching without infringing upon Groundspeak's copyright.

With that in mind (and I hadn't thought about it before) perhaps the XG logo (as it was/is known) may be a sensible idea, when a ":UK" encorporated, it would immediately identify the website as a part of the Geocaching community... assuming the XG logo becomes more widely recognised than it evidently is at the moment, of course... icon_rolleyes.gif

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

after looking at the gallery, as the xg logo and lots of variations on it have been relesed into the publice domain. wouldn't it creat copy right problems for geocaching uk, on any item they used it on as it could be claimed as copy right free. allowing anyone to produce the same item. thus devalueing on a personal level any genuine goods purchased i for one would rather buy goods with a exclusive GUK logo on, as i would know all proffits were going to support a supperb site for uk cachers. sorry for rambling on buts thats my opinion.Mancunian

dave

Not sure if anyone saw Meridian tonight last week, but the circle & X that Kouros uses has been seen shining like a reflection on walls & buildings around Brighton way. It has been attributed to E.Ts, but has caching got another way of advertising itself? icon_biggrin.gif

Sarah

Team Tate

Remember - if it's moving, it's not dead...

I think prople have been referring to it as the GX or Gx. And theres a whole page of varients on it in that gallery.

quote:
Originally posted by SimonG:

It came about as a result of http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=2040964535&p=1 in the General forum. GC had clamped down on use of their logo, so it was suggested that someone come up with a public domain logo that everyone could use. Some of the results are pretty impressive - check out the http://www.bytethebullet.com/geologo/original_submissions.htm.

http://www.SimonG.org

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg