Finding a Pub

Not an online site, but my mate's dad must have a mental map of the British Isles based on navigation by licensed premises..... he once gave me directions to a little village in Co. Galway (from Newcastle) entirely by reference to pubs.....

I could ask him to cross-index with OSGB if you like icon_wink.gif

Not an online site, but my mate's dad must have a mental map of the British Isles based on navigation by licensed premises..... he once gave me directions to a little village in Co. Galway (from Newcastle) entirely by reference to pubs.....

I could ask him to cross-index with OSGB if you like icon_wink.gif

Over the last few months I've written to most of the major chains to ask them to include lat/longs for their pubs, restaraunts, bars etc. when they next provide their in house guides/magazines. I've also written to the Good Beer Guide etc. etc.

Whether any take any notice or not I've no idea as nobody has bothered to reply. icon_mad.gif

I can't believe none of them already have done this, as the potential market, apart from us gallant geo-cachers must be increasing rapidly. If you have sat-nav in the car and a pub guide with co-ords it will take you right to the door and you probably ignore other pubs on the way. It seems a great way of locking people in to your chain or group.

I sometimes visit the trade exhibitions so the next time I'm at a relevant one I'll give 'em a good grilling!

Oh and of course, I'll offer all our services to log the locations for them in return for free food and drink! icon_biggrin.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

Over the last few months I've written to most of the major chains to ask them to include lat/longs for their pubs, restaraunts, bars etc. when they next provide their in house guides/magazines. I've also written to the Good Beer Guide etc. etc.

Whether any take any notice or not I've no idea as nobody has bothered to reply. icon_mad.gif

I can't believe none of them already have done this, as the potential market, apart from us gallant geo-cachers must be increasing rapidly. If you have sat-nav in the car and a pub guide with co-ords it will take you right to the door and you probably ignore other pubs on the way. It seems a great way of locking people in to your chain or group.

I sometimes visit the trade exhibitions so the next time I'm at a relevant one I'll give 'em a good grilling!

Oh and of course, I'll offer all our services to log the locations for them in return for free food and drink! icon_biggrin.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.