Welcome to the Century club

to Chris & Maria who hit 100 finds today with a visit to the Heathrow Bug Hotel to exchange travel bugs.

Since you only started in January that makes you the fastest to 100 finds, and at this rate the first to 200?

congratulations.

[This message was edited by Dave & Nicky on May 19, 2002 at 12:42 PM.]

Now, how long will it take for you to get the 4th bear ? You could be first in that icon_smile.gif

And thanks for helping Britania Bear on his way.

"The Century Club" ? Yea, I think I like that name. icon_smile.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

To cache, or not to cache. That is the question !

Oh to hell with the work. icon_smile.gif

Now, how long will it take for you to get the 4th bear ? You could be first in that icon_smile.gif

And thanks for helping Britania Bear on his way.

"The Century Club" ? Yea, I think I like that name. icon_smile.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

To cache, or not to cache. That is the question !

Oh to hell with the work. icon_smile.gif

Good Stuff C+M! Lets hope Pid+Dan get there in the future.

Thanks for getting Brittania Bear on his way. I had the little scamp for a while, he didnt wanna leave me, I hope hes happy at the bug Hotel. I hope the room service is on the ball, he wasnt impressed by mine. I got him drunk on Champagne.

LOL

Pid x

Watch out its a Golfcourse... (Team Dan + Pid)

We consider ourselves to be privileged to join such esteemed company and very surprised to have got there before Jason W icon_smile.gif

We weren’t particularly interested in numbers until we got to 75 then it just seemed too difficult to resist, especially with Hertfordshire so close and so full of Tupperware.

A big thank you to everyone whose caches we have visited, it’s been a lot of fun. A quick review of the highlights is:

Furthest east:

Sardignas Second Summit

Furthest west:

Glorious Gloucestershire

Most memorable for the right reasons:

Combe Hill, Combe and Find Me, Whitelife Cross, Monumental Journey and Windmill Hill (Great Views from all of them)

Sherlock & Cludo Series (Just great fun)

The Wilderness (for getting us started)

Brad & Coles caches (for getting us hooked)

Most Memorable for the wrong reasons:

Cludo Part 4 (Took over two hours to get within 100 Meters first time and second time took just as long to find it even though we were on the right side of the canal)

Lacock(cache box fell apart in Chris’s hands)

Sherlock Series (Chris got East & West mixed up and thought he had to go swimming for the final cache!)

Sorry if we have missed your cache above – be we did enjoy them all.

We are hoping to do a bit more Planting (2 planned in Ireland and a Stanstead TB Hotel) in the coming weeks to celebrate our joining the Century Club.

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

We consider ourselves to be privileged to join such esteemed company and very surprised to have got there before Jason W icon_smile.gif

We weren’t particularly interested in numbers until we got to 75 then it just seemed too difficult to resist, especially with Hertfordshire so close and so full of Tupperware.

A big thank you to everyone whose caches we have visited, it’s been a lot of fun. A quick review of the highlights is:

Furthest east:

Sardignas Second Summit

Furthest west:

Glorious Gloucestershire

Most memorable for the right reasons:

Combe Hill, Combe and Find Me, Whitelife Cross, Monumental Journey and Windmill Hill (Great Views from all of them)

Sherlock & Cludo Series (Just great fun)

The Wilderness (for getting us started)

Brad & Coles caches (for getting us hooked)

Most Memorable for the wrong reasons:

Cludo Part 4 (Took over two hours to get within 100 Meters first time and second time took just as long to find it even though we were on the right side of the canal)

Lacock(cache box fell apart in Chris’s hands)

Sherlock Series (Chris got East & West mixed up and thought he had to go swimming for the final cache!)

Sorry if we have missed your cache above – be we did enjoy them all.

We are hoping to do a bit more Planting (2 planned in Ireland and a Stanstead TB Hotel) in the coming weeks to celebrate our joining the Century Club.

Chris

"We're not lost - we just don't know where we are"

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

Well I'm now seriously running low on caches that don't require non-trivial amounts of travel - nearest undone cache to me now is 25 miles as the crow flies and a dadgum sight further to drive.

I'll get there though icon_biggrin.gif

----8<--------8<---CUT-HERE---8<--------8<----

Well I'm now seriously running low on caches that don't require non-trivial amounts of travel - nearest undone cache to me now is 25 miles as the crow flies and a dadgum sight further to drive.

I'll get there though icon_biggrin.gif

Did you know I drove past there on Sunday thinking "surprised no-ones planted a cache there before now" ??

Now taking to wearing a lead helmet to prevent Moss Trooper reading my thoughts icon_biggrin.gif

Did you know I drove past there on Sunday thinking "surprised no-ones planted a cache there before now" ??

Now taking to wearing a lead helmet to prevent Moss Trooper reading my thoughts icon_biggrin.gif

OK, I'm a bit late in saying it, but well done Chris and Maria. When is the celebratory party then?

I think that at my current rate, I shall be able to join you in the Century Club sometime around June.... 2005! (makes mental note to pull finger out and get a move on).

--Mark

Mark

----------------------

I was technical once

quote:
Originally posted by Walker Dan:

Jason, I reckon anyone going to Sunderland during the hours of daylight is very brave as well. icon_wink.gif

Well I used a false passport to nip south of the river and wore a disguise at all times.... so I don't think I was observed

quote:
Originally posted by Walker Dan:

Jason, I reckon anyone going to Sunderland during the hours of daylight is very brave as well. icon_wink.gif

Well I used a false passport to nip south of the river and wore a disguise at all times.... so I don't think I was observed

Just the 3 today to get me to an even 100.... thought about doing another couple icon_rolleyes.gif, but then thought of a hot bath and after spending the whole day out in horizontal rain & gale force winds (yup I did a Walker Dan Cache icon_wink.gif) the bath was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more appealing icon_biggrin.gif

Just the 3 today to get me to an even 100.... thought about doing another couple icon_rolleyes.gif, but then thought of a hot bath and after spending the whole day out in horizontal rain & gale force winds (yup I did a Walker Dan Cache icon_wink.gif) the bath was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more appealing icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by JasonW:

Logged the GYCH ones too - can't help thinking that there's one missing from the GYCH list though - and I don't mean _MUSHROOM_ icon_biggrin.gif

Try looking somewhere off the west coast of Africa icon_smile.gif

HTH

Alex.

quote:
Originally posted by JasonW:

Logged the GYCH ones too - can't help thinking that there's one missing from the GYCH list though - and I don't mean _MUSHROOM_ icon_biggrin.gif

Try looking somewhere off the west coast of Africa icon_smile.gif

HTH

Alex.

I saw the words west african caches and hurridly checked the coords of the GYCH one and was suprised to find a cache which had gone south all too litterally.

I guess their must be some weird syncronicity between a banana appearing in the cave under the stone (no we didn't put it there) and the cache coords moving to a climate more suited to bananas.

Is this prehaps the first case of a haunted geocache or do I really need to learn to type properly?

BTW, for those that did the GYCH. I was thinking it would be really cool to tie the cache called 'Whitemans Grave' somehow to the actual location where the chap is buried. It's a place called Nciri, somewhere in the highlands of Burundi. Anybody know anybody down that way?

Don't mention the mushrooms

Congrats to all new members of the 100 club. I'm hoping to join you soon - 90 already and plans to go to that honeypot of caches in the south - Winchester in the next few days.

To dragonseeker - don't despair. I bagged caches 1 & 2 in February so it doesn't take forever.

I was talking to Finger the other day (he who supplies Geocaching stuff in the UK) about the possibility of producing a special cap or something for "centurians". He said he'd approach Geocaching.com to see what they think.

What do you ton-uppers think?

Thanks guys and gals for the good wishes. I never imagined back in February that I would get to visit so many interesting places over the coming months.

That's one of the really great things about this hobby, you get shown parts of the country that you would otherwise not know existed.

The other big plus is the many new friends I have come across, both "virtual" and "physical".

You'll be pleased to know that I have a carrier bag full of "Tupperware" just waiting to be planted. Some will be in Hertfordshire and some further afield.

Thanks again. Peter