Inside Out in the North

Travers

Looking down the forum postings I'm most surprised not to see any mention of this. Surely I'm not the only one to get an email from Chris Jackson?

Anyway, I'm not one to keep such things to myself and I'm sure he won't mind me sharing:

Dear Travers,

I work for the BBC in the North East of England and was wanting to do a feature

about geocaching on TV. As you seem to be a proficient geocacher could you give

me a bell so I can pick your brain?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Jackson

BBC TV

Inside Out (Mondays BBC1 (7.30)

Is anyone interested in going on the telly?

LoL. Yes thast would be fantastic! I would certainly love to be the host of a Geocaching game show called Dan andPids treasure chest! icon_biggrin.gif

Well I esxpect to see Moss Trooper on the TV now! hes fromthe north! icon_wink.gif hehe

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Beth:

So how many regions of the BBC are interested in doing Geocaching items now?

Just had an email from BBC North (Leeds) they will soon be researching for items for the summer season of Inside Out and want to talk about it.

I guess they watch items from other areas and use some of the best ideas in their own area.

So it looks like the item in the South came over pretty well inside the BBC as well as outside.

Alex.

If I might make a suggestion or two to help ensure that the Beeb is impressed, and therefore don't class us as "anoraks", "sad" or "geeky". icon_eek.gif

Prior to filming we spent quite some time with the producer , taking her out caching to nice locations, well hidden and well stocked caches. We used old caches so the logbook had many nices entries and not too far to walk. Oh, and of course, we did check them first. icon_cool.gif

Wish all of you the very best.

I think the term is "Break a leg". icon_biggrin.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

...to whoever gets the chance to appear on the telly. We really enjoyed the experience of seeing ourselves, and its a great thrill when people come up to you to say they saw the feature.

All the best, and we look forward to seeing the webcast!

Bob, Sarah, Beckie and George

Team Tate

Remember - if it's moving, it's not dead...

You'd be right that several BBC regions are interested in doing an item on local geoaching as by definitiion it's of local interest and involves lots of local people.

I am a producer of Inside Out in the North East & Cumbria and as you'll see from this thread I've been looking for volunteers to help us film an item on the sport.

I can see from other forum discussions there is a lot of heated debate about how geocaching will come across - all I can say is the more people that come forward to help, the more opinions we'll hear.

If anyone in the North East is interested in taking part in some filming we have planned at the start of next month please get in touch.

0191 244 1263

Chris Jackson

Inside Out

BBC TV

Newcastle

Surely it would be cheaper and just as good for the BBC to replay the one already made in the other interested regions.

It's our licence money that is being spent, after all.

Why waste all the effort and time and money that went into making the original one by only showing it once?

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

quote:
Originally posted by MCL:

Surely it would be cheaper and just as good for the BBC to replay the one already made in the other interested regions.

It's our licence money that is being spent, after all.

Why waste all the effort and time and money that went into making the original one by only showing it once?

They have to make regional versions for the simple fact of human nature that we would be interested in a serious car crash if it happened in our village but we wouldn't give a report about it any interest if it happened 5000 miles away - like the "plane crashed in Peru, all 300 passengers dead but fortunately no britons were aboard". I hate this aspect of human nature but it is just that - nature - try as we might we can't help it!

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't you think that sooner or later someone will notice that its a mobile phone not a GPS your using???