New cache maps

Sparticus

I read with glee the announcment that the cache maps are back online.

The only problem I have got is how to access them, and are they the interactive ones like they used to be showing caches found and hidden.

I'm happy using the Geocacheuk maps, I was just wondering where to find the new maps on this site, and if they are running the same as they used to??

Onwards and upwards. Never retreat, never surrender.

quote:
Originally posted by Sparticus:

I read with glee the announcment that the cache maps are back online.

The only problem I have got is how to access them, and are they the interactive ones like they used to be showing caches found and hidden.

I'm happy using the Geocacheuk maps, I was just wondering where to find the new maps on this site, and if they are running the same as they used to??

Onwards and upwards. Never retreat, never surrender.

You can get to them from individual cache pages. There should be a "geocaching.com maps" link in the map section. They should mark visitied and not visited but that doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment, may be a premium feature.

But unfortunately

quote:
Unfortunately the first version of the maps will not contain detailed data outside the US. The problem is both $$ and well, actually just money. The US is unusual as street level data can come by inexpensively, but other countries charge a premium for their data. Hopefully as we grow, so too can our map data.

It's all just a big gray square. No roads, no cities. Nothing.

What is caches precious?