Strange logs in the logbook

This morning it was the turn of my nearest cache from home to have its spring clean and contents top up, in the log were quite a few log ins that have not been logged on the site, a one from JOE90 of sept 9th. 2002 who took travel bug

Aarons tape measure, I know that he did leave it in another cache cos moose and Mang found it, but he never logged it into that cache either, then there were a few pages that were removed cos of what was written probebly by a few kids who often play in the gorse bushes, then another log from BIG N BOB, they did leave something on the twenty fourth of febso I will see if they make a log on the site, so I was having a look at a few caches that I have done and came across a log from one of them

It said "I didn't bring anything in case I didn't find it" I nearly fell out the chair reading it. How many of you get funny logs?

some are a good read , but some have you scratching your head, and I wonder what the funniest log to date is. Now dont all rush out to check whats written in the cache log as its never the same as the site log

so have you seen a stange or funny log?and dont say yeah, The Northumbrians

Nige

The most annoying logs are the ones that make it to the website but dont say a word.....nothing.....a blank log!!! had it once at Sleeping Saints! cheeky lil minx.

Funny logs....havent laughed so much in a long time when I read the Geocraig log on this cache. That is a classic.

Although Im sure you'll beg to differ on some of Dan and mines being funnier icon_smile.gif

Pid

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by Freak Enterprises:

I had this posted in the log for my cache :

"Third time lucky. We've invested in a GPS and wow what a difference. We found it within 10 minutes of reaching the site."

I won't name names, but it gave us a good laugh!

Martin

I'v heard about these GPS things, they seem to be a big help when your out caching, Think I might get one also icon_wink.gif

Nige

quote:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

quote:

"Third time lucky. We've invested in a GPS and wow what a difference. We found it within 10 minutes of reaching the site."

Martin

I'v heard about these GPS things, they seem to be a big help when your out caching, Think I might get one also icon_wink.gif

Nige

Hey, don't be too hard on the guy! Anyone with a 1:25000 OS map and a compass should be able to get to within 25m or so of most places. There was some discussion on the general forums a while back about how to make GPS-only caches, and the only two good methods they came up with were putting it in the middle of a very large, flat, dense forest with no paths and no surrounding hills, or requiring a datum change as part of a multicache!

There's an ammo box hidden in the middle of Kinder Scout (big upland peat bog), 800m pacing on a bearing from the nearest path, (no clues, no GPS allowed!), which most people seem to find on their first attempt (even people like me who are known to be heard muttering "never eat shredded wheat" when trying to distinguish east and west) icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Martin

Reading the series of Dan and Pid logs back in Feb 2002 on this cache at Coombe Hill gave me a good laugh. (Have we really had the pleasure of their company for a year now?)

Of the logs on my own caches, I got the biggest laugh from rog and fran's second attempt at this cache in Reading although it does give spoilers as to the location of the cache.

Richard

[

I got the biggest laugh from rog and fran's second attempt at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=16426&log=y&decrypt= although it does give spoilers as to the location of the cache.

Richard

some very entertaining reading from ( Reading) English language eh, on those logs

Thats the first pub I'v heard of with a name like that, The Slug and lettuce, Pint of Slime please and a lettuce sarny, and again it's funny how when out caching, that we come across pubs of all sorts of name, there used to be one near Blyth called The Burglars Dog

any way the links you people are putting on your answers are making good reeding and read-ing so please Rite some more

Nige

quote:
Originally posted by Richard and Beth:

Reading the series of Dan and Pid logs back in Feb 2002 on this cache at Coombe Hill gave me a good laugh. (Have we really had the pleasure of their company for a year now?)

icon_smile.gif Yes you have...and to celebrate we are planting "The Golden Cache" very soon... thats right guys- its made of Gold icon_smile.gif and providing someone doesnt nick the location before Saturday it should be a cracker of a cache! not trying to advertise....just saying :s

Pid

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk

Thought this was funny :

'We thought we would make use of our dog Biff to sniff out the final cache. But he’s a Bull-Mastiff and crap as a sniffer dog, still he enjoyed playing with the lads on their trial bikes.'

I wonder if the lads on their trial bikes enjoyed it as much icon_biggrin.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

Some classics from Simon:

there are more - well worth a read most of them. It is nice to see some one putting so much effort into describing their finds as actually finding them. Well done Simon.

Indeed... Simon's logs are always top-notch (his website is hilarious too, but that's kinda beside the point).

EDIT: I have to add this, my favourite quote from Simon's website.

"My sister was three years older than me (she still is, come to think of it)"

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

quote:
Indeed... Simon's logs are always top-notch (his website is hilarious too, but that's kinda beside the point).

Yup, SimonG has a wonderful sense of irony and of the ridiculous. A very readable way with words has he. Furthermore, his wit extends to cartoons too - witness the winning entry of the G:UK logo competition!

And as for "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum"... His cache description is so teasing, I just couldn't resist going for it.

Nice one, SimonG! You set the standard for log entries. Such a change from "Wandered around, found it, LNTN, Ta!".

=====

There's no such thing as a free lunchbox!

quote:
Originally posted by SimonG:

Crikey, everyone's saying nice things about me! For a nasty moment there I thought I must have died...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=24329#876264 by MarcB that lathama mentioned above. He's right, it's highly amusing!

http://www.SimonG.org

Cracking log that one, perhaps MARKB should change his user name, hows about LUCKY :

Nige

LoL. Classic. Poor Marc!! Well least it wasnt dark aye mate. I mean it was dark you never would have found your way Back to the car anyway...

Although I bet you didnt fancy trying a different route back to the car? LoL. Danster you take heed me ol mucker... do not go back to the car a Different way because you end up int he middle of the woods down a hole covered in slime. icon_biggrin.gif

www.buckscaching.co.uk

Did I hear a rustling over there Dan? Nope its just young Dean!

www.buckscaching.co.uk