Heart Warming Stories - Not everyone trashes

I noticed that one of the first entries in Rincewind and Luggages Common Cache was from a park ranger that said that he hoped that everyone enjoyed their visit to the Common.

Going slightly OT a second,

I was talking to an ex park ranger tonight and he thinks that when people start realising that we are "countryside lovers who use technology rather than techno lovers who abuse the countryside" we will be accepted in the same way as hikers, birdwatchers etc. And then the country parks,NT and Forestry commission will embrace what we do as a pastime.

He also agrees that ordinary people monitoring the countryside should help them in their job. (How often are we the first to spot a broken fence or polluted stream?)

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

One of ours (Pin Station) had a log a while ago saying that a fencing contractor had replaced the cache after replacing the fence. We thought that was great.

We did not realise quite how far he had gone though, there has been another log saying "Loved the logbook note from the fencing contractor – what a kind chap, he took the box home to look after it, added a badge and replaced the cache where he found it!"

Wow ! Thanks mr fencing contractor.

After recent events, I feel a lot better when I remember this one.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif