Congratulations Pharisee

Maybe it is, Masher, maybe it is.

Thanks Guys. It fair warms the cockles of me ol’ heart, though as an achievement it pales into insignificance compared with those of Subarite, Hornet, T&J and the others at the ‘top of the pile’.

The second hundred were spread a bit further afield and to be honest, I’ve enjoyed every one. I’m not going to hand out a lot of accolades but there are just a couple that stick out head and shoulders above the rest.

For shear enjoyment, I can’t think of a better cache to go for on a sunny, summer afternoon than SimonG’s ‘Dance of the Dead’. Superb fun. Don’t expect to do it in ten minutes, though. It took me a very leisurely 6 hours (and a pint or two) to complete, but that was mostly due to my own incompetence.

The hardest cache…? Without a doubt it has to be ‘Pen-y-Fantastic’. That was the hardest climb I’ve had for a very long time. The awesome wind and biting cold made it all the more difficult. The feeling of achievement I got at the summit though made humping my ruc up that hill all worthwhile. My wife thought (and still thinks) that I’m totally and irretrievably MAD.

Funnily enough, the biggest disappointment was the very next day. I'd thought that logging a ‘first to find’ on a cache so far from home would be fun so with that in mind, I set out on the quite lengthy walk to find the ‘Twrch Toilet’. When I arrived at the quoted co-ordinates I found out why this virgin had remained un-defiled. There was nothing there…. I was totally alone (if you don’t count the one or two, somewhat suspicious, black Celtic cows) on a desolate and soggy Welsh hillside. Not only did I fail to find the cache or the toilet that it was supposedly hidden in but I failed to find the whole bl**dy building!! Looking around me, the nearest building, derelict or otherwise, was miles away. I double-checked the co-ordinates and as I sank slowly into a peat bog, the though occurred to me that with this aptly named cache, someone was perhaps taking the p*ss icon_frown.gif.

You can’t submit a posting like this with a mention for Dan & Pid. For shear variety they have to take the biscuit. Perhaps not always the very best caches in the world but never, ever, the worst and always enjoyable.

As those ‘above me’ have no doubt found, I have to travel further and further afield now and it won’t be long before I start planning an assault on all those lovely northern caches. (What’s the beer like up there, guys?).

My thanks to all of you.

John

PS I’ve just realised... This is almost as long as one of MCL’s postings. Sorry... icon_wink.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

quote:
Pharisee:

You can’t submit a posting like this with a mention for Dan & Pid. For shear variety they have to take the biscuit. Perhaps not always the very best caches in the world but never, ever, the worst and always enjoyable.

HeHe-- Get real me old mate you know they are the greatest caches in the world by a mile! icon_biggrin.gif

Well done and keep them coming! maybe you will have to lift up drain covers and search in cow pat fields many more times icon_smile.gif haha

Nice one

Pid

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Bad, I'm Bad you know it you know! mikejackson1-vi.gif

www.buckscaching.co.uk