Yo yo balls

Another thread on acceptable contents - sorry! I recently left a couple of those yo yo ball thingys in caches near Alton and now that they've been banned I wondered what opinion was on whether I should go back and remove them. I've checked and they are still there but I'm not likely to be over that way for a while.

The caches in question were T&Js Cache & Cachability and St Leonard's Cache.

What do other people think?

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't you think that sooner or later someone will notice that its a mobile phone not a GPS your using???

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

What are 'yo-yo balls' and why have they been banned?

yo-yo balls are the latest craze on the playground, they are water filled plastic balls on the end of elastic.

The problem is that during normal play (swinging around) they have wrapped themselves around several childrens' necks and cut off the blood supply. No deaths reported yet but seriously worried parents.

We've binned ours and like the suggestion to place a note on the cache pages.

Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz, Suni, Jack & Kashi:

I'm glad this thread has been posted.

We have just come back from holiday in the Algarve & our kids bought two of these back with them...obviously they are now going in the bin when i get home.

Cheers.

We take our children everywhere, but they always find their way back home...

Just shorten the stringy bit a little, then they are quite safe.

A.

---------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz, Suni, Jack & Kashi:

We have just come back from holiday in the Algarve & our kids bought two of these back with them...obviously they are now going in the bin when i get home.

I think putting your kids in the bin is banned as well! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

Hello, I've only been geocaching for a week or so and only logged on today with my own account.

I see that yo-yo balls are banned from caches. Can I ask why? Are they illegal now? I assumed I could put anything legal in a box when I find it. So far I've only put simple stuff like a carton of drink, some crisps and a kinder egg. I wouldn't want to upset anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by piggly:

I see that yo-yo balls are banned from caches. Can I ask why? Are they illegal now?

I don't think anyone said they were banned from caches. They _are_ banned from sale, so the originater of this thread asked if they should remove them from the caches since they just placed some in.

I think they were just being concientious and not trying to kill the children of cachers with these toys which have now been declared as dangerous by the government.

quote:
Originally posted by piggly:

So far I've only put simple stuff like a carton of drink, some crisps and a kinder egg. I wouldn't want to upset anyone.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I think the general concensus is that foodstuffs are a no-no icon_frown.gif

=====

There's no such thing as a free lunchbox!

quote:

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I think the general concensus is that foodstuffs are a no-no icon_frown.gif

_

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to geocaching, but what is wrong with putting food or drink in caches? After all, after a long hike, it would seem just the thing.

Am I missing something?

Bah, humbug!

quote:
Originally posted by naffita:

Have a look at this thread: http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=6616058331&m=22860141

Thanks Naffita.

Even more importantly:

We have been discussing caching with major landowners, without exception they have all said they do not want food or drink of any kind in caches on their land. If we are to be able to continue caching, we must respect their wishes.

One of the reasons for not allowing food or drink is the fact that animals will smell it and then investigate, often leaving caches exposed to casual passers by. Which of course can result in a lost cache.

The guidelines and FAQ cover this.

Just to recap though. Generally, if a young unattended kiddie should not have it, it should not be in a cache, and neither should any type of foodstuffs or drink. We would all appreciate your cooperation.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif