'New ' waterproof cache containers

quote:
Originally posted by Naefearjustbeer:

I have just bought a set and they are being tested in the garden at the moment. They look like they will be up to job. I just hope the locking flaps are robust enough to last the duration

AUT PAX AUT BELLUM

I've had one of these 'in the field' for best part of a year now and the only problem I've had is that the acrylic paint I sprayed it with didn't stick too well and is flaking off.

John

And should you ask, am I at ease there? I'd answer "Yes. Oh yes indeed".

For my heart it dwells in lonely places, where springs leap down, where ravens feed.

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

quote:
Originally posted by Naefearjustbeer:

I have just bought a set and they are being tested in the garden at the moment. They look like they will be up to job. I just hope the locking flaps are robust enough to last the duration

AUT PAX AUT BELLUM

I've had one of these 'in the field' for best part of a year now and the only problem I've had is that the acrylic paint I sprayed it with didn't stick too well and is flaking off.

John

A weeks weather in Caithness at this time of year probally equates to your annual rainfall. So I dont think I will need to wait for a year before I hide a cache in one of these boxes icon_smile.gif

AUT PAX AUT BELLUM

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

You don't watch enough DIY shows. Try sanding it lightly to get a "key", or using an any-surface primer...

evilrooster

http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

quote:
Originally posted by 5 Balls & Tammy:

Yup! According to the blurb on the packaging they're "airtight,leakproof, microwavable, freezer safe, dishwasher safe AND stackable"

Cool! World's shortest multi, anyone?

We use ammo boxes, but these do sound tempting. Actually, we're using fuse canisters at the moment which are a little small, but were 50p each in bulk.

quote:
Originally posted by evilrooster:

You don't watch enough DIY shows. Try sanding it lightly to get a "key", or using an any-surface primer...

_evilrooster_

http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

Oh... you girls, you're so practical icon_biggrin.gif

John

And should you ask, am I at ease there? I'd answer "Yes. Oh yes indeed".

For my heart it dwells in lonely places, where springs leap down, where ravens feed.