What is it all about?

I will tell you what its all about! This is what I did today. I did not read all the 10s if not 100s of new posts on the forum. I went out in the wind and rain and occaisional sunshine. I drove 80 miles finding 2 caches, hiding one and searching for one that has been reported missing. I came home and logged my finds submitted my new cache and archived the missing one as it has disapeared from the face of the planet. ( Most likely drop kicked off a cliff into the sea by some idiot with nothing better to do). That is what I enjoy about caching, fresh air and the wind in my face (not drop kicking them into the sea).

Much better than painting the kitchen or being stuck at work. I do not like to wade through hundreds of useless, yes thats right useless posts moaning about people who want to do something to improve caching for everyone. If I were to stumble upon this website and look through the forum to see what its all about to maybe try it for the first time. I would probally leave pretty quickly with a pretty poor view of caching and the type of people that do it. It is about time people grew up and stopped being so damm petty about things. Get over it and get on with what caching is all about. I for one will not be following the sorry saga any longer

I absolutely agree. No need for phoney associations or petty whinges. Get out in that countryside and have fun!

BTW when I started off in Geocaching I read the US forums. Hmmm!

Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

Hang on don't get me wrong! I can see the point of GAGB and realise it's strengths and where it went wrong: how it was launched and subsequent events are in the past and there is nothing we can do about it...

Best thing is for everyone to get on

MarcB

Took Log Book, Left Nothing

quote:
Originally posted by Rockratgirl:

I absolutely agree. No need for phoney associations or petty whinges. Get out in that countryside and have fun!

Sam

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

This is a troll right?

Or is it that you just can't resist the opportunity to denigrate other people's legitimate efforts to keep geocaching alive

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

No, I am female and am able to use a GPS, the internet and have a opinion. *gasp*

PS. Many, many thanks for all the supportive emails I have received from the "silent majority". I am aware that my fiance has unwittingly upset people, so I appreciate the time which has been taken to communicate with me.

Sam

Well said 'Naefearjustbeer'. That is what we should all be doing. I guess people have the right to join, leave and make comments. But does it get us anywhere in the end?? I sort of wonder why we need to make changes anyhow. And some of the posts have been that long that I have just skipped reading them. I just got completly confused after several paragraphs.

Bob....

http://www.bobh.co.uk

quote:

Sam

I hope my dear girl that you are not infering that as a Founder member of GAGB that I am a phoney.. I will take that as an inflamarary remark.. and as it technically is in print.. a libalous remark.. meaning that if I wish.. I may see you in court.. Prove it is phoney please..

Moss the Boss... Sorta

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

quote:

Sam

I hope my dear girl that you are not infering that as a Founder member of GAGB that I am a phoney.. I will take that as an inflamarary remark.. and as it technically is in print.. a libalous remark.. meaning that if I wish.. I may see you in court.. Prove it is phoney please..

Moss the Boss... Sorta

I concur: never seen such a well laid-out, professional website for a "phoney" association... quite an effort to go to when the intention is to "decieve".

It's thoughtless remarks like these that have helped change these forums from a reasonable, mature discussion area into a flame-throwers convention.

Just because you see a big stack of dry wood, does it mean you have to throw a lighted match at it? Ever stopped to think that the dry wood is supposed to be used to build a bridge?

Moss - it was a good-humoured joke - not referring to anything. Before my son was born I worked in law so please don't lets get legal, it makes me all shaky! icon_eek.gif

Sam LLB

Moss - I come in peace! All my posts are to be read with the good humour and calm state of mind I try to enjoy of an evening. I issue no threats and have no desire to be contraversial.

Sam

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

OK.. But may I make a suggestion.. Find your own user name.. and diffirentiate as you will be a target.. Just some friendly advice

Moss the Boss... Sorta

Funnily enough I have just posted the same request on a different thread. At my age if two voices come from "the same person" they up my medication! icon_biggrin.gif

There's obviously no problem with logging caches as a team as many others do.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

Moss - I have an even better suggestion for the North Meet Up - put Steve in some stocks! icon_wink.gif

The dogs and kid are even more trouble - just watch out!

Kennamatic - I replied and I don't have the ears for stereo!

Sam

Moss - I come in peace! All my posts are to be read with the good humour and calm state of mind I try to enjoy of an evening. I issue no threats and have no desire to be contraversial.

/Quote

Rockratgirl. Unfortunately, your humour isn't coming across very well through written media. It's coming across as troll-like and on occassions, paranoid.

It might be best whilst tension are high to stick to facts to try and keep the tempers down.

Please take this message with the intent it was sent in. I'm sure you are very nice in real life, but your messages are not coming across very well in the present cicumstances.

Sarah

Just a suggestion, and it's not a new one, it's one that came up after the last conflagration. Can people use the smileys/emoticons/graemlins when posts are meant to be humorous, cynical, angry etc. That way we know in which way they are intended. The English language is a rich and varied one but many words have 2 or 3 interpretations and inflection can be everything.

I know some people can't stand them but they do serve a purpose. If anyone knows how to create them and increase the number even more then that would be even better. I once saw one that was a flame thrower. That would have been quite useful recently icon_rolleyes.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.