UK Geocachers... How many R we (part III)

Guest Monz

We are new to this game, have completed a few finds and we are working on our first cache site.

We feel that inexperienced that we tend to lurk in the background reading, rather than contributing. I'm sure that will chnage as the confidence and knowledge grows.

Good threads on these forums.

Keep it up!

The Beauvines

quote:
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh):

For the benefit of newcomers, perhaps it's worth pointing out that this is an extremely ancient thread which has become active again. You can get a full list of UK cachers from the Cache Stats page at this site:

http://www.geocacheuk.com/

There are quite a few of us now!

Bill

Add us too please, but why not go to GeocacheUK.com Here youll find all the stats you need

Kids Caches and Mayhem what a day in the celtic tribal city.

Wow, just looked for myself on the geocacheuk.com website. I'm there! I think its a day out though as I've logged some more today. How about this then, I've found 14 out of 15 this weekend. I did some in Bath yesterday and then some more in the New Forest today. Is that good going? I think I'm paying for it now though as I'm aching all over.

quote:
Originally posted by Wronskian:

Any chance we can get this thread locked down?

Since it doesn't look like it's going to get locked, I suggest we take it so far off topic that no one knows what it's about anymore.

So, has anyone else tried backwards-triangulating a WAAS-enabled benchmark? My datum keeps getting markwelled by my recursive websucker.

SimonG.org - now with added blog!

quote:
Since it doesn't look like it's going to get locked, I suggest we take it so far off topic that no one knows what it's about anymore.

As well as off topic lets take it off road there is no question that the best 4x4xfar for geocaching is a jeep. icon_smile.gif

Is that far enough off topic ? or will we have to get The Merman to tell what is the best boat for geocaching. icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

Somedays you are a pigeon and others you are a statue !

quote:
Originally posted by Mudplugger:

As well as off topic lets take it off road there is no question that the best 4x4xfar for geocaching is a jeep. icon_smile.gif

You think a jeep is a better offroader than a Defender 90? icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway I like this thread reappearing every once in a while!

quote:
Originally posted by Travers:

quote:
Originally posted by Mudplugger:

You think a jeep is a better offroader than a Defender 90? icon_rolleyes.gif

Mmmmmm! Land Rover Defender. *salivates* icon_smile.gif

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

soapbox.gif

Give it time... Sooner or later we'll run infopop out of disk space icon_wink.gif

Anyway the best off-roader I've ever used for geocaching is a G-reg 1.6 Astra. OK, so only 3 wheels survived the experience, but... Maybe I should have borrowed my wife's Maverick?

I borrowed an old Land Pig once to make a journey into deepest Norfolk. The 200 mile round trip used up my whole months petrol money allowance and I had to wear ear defenders to deaden the noise from the transfer/overdrive gearbox. It was fun though icon_biggrin.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

quote:
Originally posted by SimonG:

I hate to respond to this thread on-topic... <snip>

For shame! Just when the topic was going off at a nice tangent! icon_razz.gif

I found the best off-raod vehicle to be my feet, snugly encased in stout boots and I promise not to drink any petrol! icon_biggrin.gif

Is it me or is it incredibly lazy to park right next to the cache?

No wonder I have a low cache-count! icon_biggrin.gif

Neutiquam erro.

I feel schizophrenic now, not wanting to lock the thread but... Off-roading was in my dim-and-distant past an interest

My 4x4 won't go off-road as the ground clearance is c**p icon_biggrin.gif.

Andy.

----------------------------------------

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Albert Einstein

quote:
You think a jeep is a better offroader than a Defender 90?

Well as it's direct counterpart would be the wrangler which is every bit as uncomfortable,noisy,cramped and uneconomical as a defender be it 90 110 or whatever yes I do.

quote:
I borrowed an old Land Pig once to make a journey into deepest Norfolk. The 200 mile round trip used up my whole months petrol money allowance and I had to wear ear defenders to deaden the noise from the transfer/overdrive gearbox.

200 miles in a Landie what a man!! bet your bottom was sore for days icon_smile.gif