BLACKPOOL CACHE PLEA

Yesterday i hid a cache in blackpool the first in that town as far as i am aware. Now i live in Aylesbury around 130 miles away and cacme back today with coordinates etc ready to post on this site. unfortunatly my etrex has since decided that it wont turn on any more. So until this is fixed i will not know them. There is also a chance that when the problems fixed my gps will return with a blank memmory hence the cache coordinate being lost forever and a cache being left in the countryside where no one will ever find it. Basically this is a plea for anyone who lives in blackpool or who knows the area. The cache is located on a public bridle way off a national speed limited country round rougly 3 miles from the tower. it is a short walk down this bridle way, then with your back to the road it is opposite a bridge hidden along the bottom of a fence quite near to a small dip in the ground. If someone knows of this place and could mark some coords for me and email me them i would be the most greatfull person alive. you would also be the first to find the cache. I know its a long shot but i dont have many other options at the moment. thanks, Dan.

hmmmmm well i think that if you go out of blackpool driving towards preston or south whatever for quite a distance ( i think this is called blackpool road) or something like that. You turn left near a church? and its up that way somewhere. basically there is a little village connectedto blackpool by this little country road (national speed limit) this road is about 1 - 2 miles long? there are fields either side of this road and 3 or 4 bridle ways / paths. when you get out and read the sign it says public bridle way. its hidden on the path with a bridge about 500metres down it opposite the bridge where the fence makes a right angle. I know this may not mean anything but if you know where that road is it wouldnt be all that hard to find. any ideas now? icon_smile.gif Dan.

hmmmmm well i think that if you go out of blackpool driving towards preston or south whatever for quite a distance ( i think this is called blackpool road) or something like that. You turn left near a church? and its up that way somewhere. basically there is a little village connectedto blackpool by this little country road (national speed limit) this road is about 1 - 2 miles long? there are fields either side of this road and 3 or 4 bridle ways / paths. when you get out and read the sign it says public bridle way. its hidden on the path with a bridge about 500metres down it opposite the bridge where the fence makes a right angle. I know this may not mean anything but if you know where that road is it wouldnt be all that hard to find. any ideas now? icon_smile.gif Dan.

So you think it's probably South of Blackpool, there's a village whose name you can't recall, there are some fields and a public bridleway....

I think it's still a bit of a long shot icon_smile.gif I'd rate it difficulty 5 for now if I were you icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

So you think it's probably South of Blackpool, there's a village whose name you can't recall, there are some fields and a public bridleway....

I think it's still a bit of a long shot icon_smile.gif I'd rate it difficulty 5 for now if I were you icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

We're going to need a bigger boat!

thanx for the constructive comment! icon_wink.gif if you visited blackpool youd see why i dont think its all that impossible to find the cache. I had to drive around for nearly an hour before we found any fields! if someone does know the area well i am sure they will see these bridleways in the end and it will click.

thanx for the constructive comment! icon_wink.gif if you visited blackpool youd see why i dont think its all that impossible to find the cache. I had to drive around for nearly an hour before we found any fields! if someone does know the area well i am sure they will see these bridleways in the end and it will click.

"if you visited blackpool youd see why i dont think its all that impossible to find the cache"

When I was there last October I had difficulty finding the Grand Hotel! Then again, I'd just had a 5 hour drinking spree in Rumours follwed by The Tower Bar. icon_biggrin.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

"if you visited blackpool youd see why i dont think its all that impossible to find the cache"

When I was there last October I had difficulty finding the Grand Hotel! Then again, I'd just had a 5 hour drinking spree in Rumours follwed by The Tower Bar. icon_biggrin.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

The bridge could be of importance.

Is it a bridge that goes over a road, over a railway or over a river.

Does the road you were on go over the bridge or under the bridge.

Try again with your info:- try and be a little more specific.

Phredd

icon_confused.gif

The bridge could be of importance.

Is it a bridge that goes over a road, over a railway or over a river.

Does the road you were on go over the bridge or under the bridge.

Try again with your info:- try and be a little more specific.

Phredd

icon_confused.gif

Cheers guys this is starting to sound a little more promising. The area the cache is in is all fields for about a 2 mile period. There is only the one road running through the fields which goes from one village to blackpool outskirts (I THINK ITS BLACKPOOL OUTSKIRTS NE WAY. The bridge is down one of the 3 or 4 bridle ways. It crosses a stream.

Well ive just had a good look at the ordanance survey map. The place which looked most promising was this reference: Co-ordinates at centre - SD333310 (333380, 431000) GB Grid. This is the B5261 this however is by no means a certainty it just seems to go from a little village to the blackpool outskirts running through fields on the way. The cache is definatly around there though i would say the road i am talking about is that one or if not definatly within a miles radius.

I got the 1:50 000 Blackpool preston sheet no 102

Looking at it I thought of the co-ordinates around N53 46 .850 W 002 54. 450, There is a railway bridge and a bridge over a small stream

on the path, its in an area between B5260 and B5259. there is a church east of the crossroads when you turn off the B5260 onto the B5259

Villages around are called Little Plumpton and Ribby, Does any of this jog your memory?

Nige icon_confused.gif

I got the 1:50 000 Blackpool preston sheet no 102

Looking at it I thought of the co-ordinates around N53 46 .850 W 002 54. 450, There is a railway bridge and a bridge over a small stream

on the path, its in an area between B5260 and B5259. there is a church east of the crossroads when you turn off the B5260 onto the B5259

Villages around are called Little Plumpton and Ribby, Does any of this jog your memory?

Nige icon_confused.gif

This is becoming a treasure hunt in its own right! Just shows how Geocachers love to try to help each other out. I had come up with a similar answer to Northumbrian but having just looked at another topic about use of camera I see that Dan photographs every cache he goes to - how about publishing your photos of this one, Dan? It might help all of us who will be rushing round Blackpool/Kirkham in the next few days! icon_rolleyes.gif

The road that leads from Wrea Green (where a church is) to Warton might fit the bill. I recall that the national speed limit sign was pretty prominent and the road wiggles its way across fields for quite a way without interruption (hedgerows either side for a lot of the way). The roads off are more like tracks than roads. Looking at the OS map grid ref SD412298 there is a path that kinks (possibly due to the fence you mentioned) and crosses a stream.

If you could remember local pubs (e.g. The Grapes, Burleigh Arms) I'd really be able to help you icon_wink.gif

The road that leads from Wrea Green (where a church is) to Warton might fit the bill. I recall that the national speed limit sign was pretty prominent and the road wiggles its way across fields for quite a way without interruption (hedgerows either side for a lot of the way). The roads off are more like tracks than roads. Looking at the OS map grid ref SD412298 there is a path that kinks (possibly due to the fence you mentioned) and crosses a stream.

If you could remember local pubs (e.g. The Grapes, Burleigh Arms) I'd really be able to help you icon_wink.gif

Wow guys, i could cry, you are all just so hlpfull! i first person to find this cache is gonna be named as the saint of cachers, the finest cacher of all time... Quite a few of your suggestions sound promising. I suggest that you all go to your selected site and search for it this weekend, blackpool could be infested with cachers, it would be a dream come true. Unfortunatly the photo i took of the site didnt come out, i was in a rush and it was pitch black. Oh and in reply to a previous comment, it is definatly on a bridle way yes. before i placed the cache i checked the sign at the start of the path to make sure it wasnt a private place. It said public bridle way. Good luck everyone. Very soon blackpools first cache will be on the site with coordinates to go with it!

Oh, also in rply to someone elses comment, the cache is definatly near blackpool. I remember driving away from where i placed it and my hotel being roughly 3 and a half miles away. If anyone does go looking make a mark at 'the manchester' pub on blackpool sea front and drive around until your 3 and a half miles away. some where on this 3 and half mile line will be a road through fields, national speed limit, bridleways with really rubbish parking. and you will be less than 400 metres from the cache

ROFL - Now THIS is serious caching icon_smile.gif

No coordinates, just a rough guess at the location, go find it THEN post the coordinates back to the placer ! Only when the original placer revisits the cache with the coordinates do you win a prize - top stuff !

This is what caching is really all about*

Good work guys. icon_wink.gif

Eddie

(*all comments made in jest)

ROFL - Now THIS is serious caching icon_smile.gif

No coordinates, just a rough guess at the location, go find it THEN post the coordinates back to the placer ! Only when the original placer revisits the cache with the coordinates do you win a prize - top stuff !

This is what caching is really all about*

Good work guys. icon_wink.gif

Eddie

(*all comments made in jest)

This is becoming challenging. None of the ideas or descriptions fit for me. If you take a 5k/3.5m radius from the tower there is very little open land and very few bridelways marked oon the 25,000 OS map.

Dan, as you left Blackpool, placing the cache, what was your route, where did you join the M55, or M6 or any other landmarks.

The quest continues... icon_confused.gif

This is becoming challenging. None of the ideas or descriptions fit for me. If you take a 5k/3.5m radius from the tower there is very little open land and very few bridelways marked oon the 25,000 OS map.

Dan, as you left Blackpool, placing the cache, what was your route, where did you join the M55, or M6 or any other landmarks.

The quest continues... icon_confused.gif

As i have said before, my route took the following direction....

Started at the Sea Breeze hotel opposite the sports hotel 2 just around the corner from the manchester pub which is on the sea front blackpool. (This location is where i made my first mark.

I then drove out of blackpool along the sea front, came to a roundabout and turned right keeping us on the sea front, drove past the sand dunes and the pontins holiday camp which i think are marked on maps. And continued for another mile in very rough terms.

The cache is somewhere to the left of here.

* A SPECIAL NOTE TO EVERYONE LOOKING:

I do remember driving past some sort of garden place with a medium sized lake on my way back into blackpool ( my origonal search for a hiding place had not brought up and possibilities so we took a different route back), it all looked like it had a chinese theme. If anyone knows this place imagine the gardens in question. it looked oblong shaped from the road. from the fraffic lights we drove left along the long side of the oblong off in that direction. Anyway i think we planted the cache about 1-2 miles from there so if there are any fields in that direction go check em out! icon_smile.gif

As i have said before, my route took the following direction....

Started at the Sea Breeze hotel opposite the sports hotel 2 just around the corner from the manchester pub which is on the sea front blackpool. (This location is where i made my first mark.

I then drove out of blackpool along the sea front, came to a roundabout and turned right keeping us on the sea front, drove past the sand dunes and the pontins holiday camp which i think are marked on maps. And continued for another mile in very rough terms.

The cache is somewhere to the left of here.

* A SPECIAL NOTE TO EVERYONE LOOKING:

I do remember driving past some sort of garden place with a medium sized lake on my way back into blackpool ( my origonal search for a hiding place had not brought up and possibilities so we took a different route back), it all looked like it had a chinese theme. If anyone knows this place imagine the gardens in question. it looked oblong shaped from the road. from the fraffic lights we drove left along the long side of the oblong off in that direction. Anyway i think we planted the cache about 1-2 miles from there so if there are any fields in that direction go check em out! icon_smile.gif

Trust me this isn't an Aprils Fools joke! that's a swear by promise.....For one Dan lives in Aylesbury,,,Why would he make up a Cache in Blackpool, and know where everything is,,,the cache is oyut there somewhere just in true British fashion....Feck knows where????? icon_eek.gif

WESTSIDE RESPEK! Lets get the party started! xxxx

Trust me this isn't an Aprils Fools joke! that's a swear by promise.....For one Dan lives in Aylesbury,,,Why would he make up a Cache in Blackpool, and know where everything is,,,the cache is oyut there somewhere just in true British fashion....Feck knows where????? icon_eek.gif

WESTSIDE RESPEK! Lets get the party started! xxxx

I think i have too. When this cache is found there is going to be some serious drinking done (all over the country) by the sounds of many people are interested now. Garmin have really peed me off excuse my french. What a day for my GPS to break down. by the way everyone, check out multimap.co.uk ariel photos section, its amazing! and may well shed some light on the matter. I couldnt really get any further myself but seeing what my road looked like from 5 miles up or however far it is made my day!