Congratulations T&J

Seifer

Well done on your 300th cache T&J, nice to know that your 300th was for charity. This now makes you the 2nd (me thinks) largest cache finders in the UK. We've met you many a time and we really appreciate your words of wisdom (and sometimes madness) on these forums.

Thanks for all the bears as well.

So, the usual, best cache out of the last 100, funnies moment etc...

Michael aka 1/2 of Team Blitz

Wqablz-xqxw tdqml kwfwm twjowcl di klelqklqok ejw hepw gt dm lbw ktdl!

3.5 69 736.5 4106 15637.5

Well done on the amazing feat, how many miles must you have to have driven??

This was very fitting that the 300th was in aid of charity, also to be able to meet and congratulate you both in person on this monumental occasion.

Well done, good to meet you again and exchange tales of caching. Looking forward to seeing that boot full of ammo boxes set free!!!! icon_smile.gif

Well done on your tricentennial find June and Tim (just trying it the other way round given June's recent posts)!

So come on then, as others have said, spill the beans - best/worst/greatest view/hardest/easiest/silliest/most dangerous/most boring/etc etc

Rich

mobilis in mobili

Thanks for all your kind words.

We were very pleased to be able to make the CIN Foxhunt our 300th cache as it was for such a good cause.

For fear of disappointing anyone we have decided not to name specific caches as best worst etc. In general we like caches that take us to great views (even though they do tend to be at the top of steep hills), places of interest or the unusual. We also enjoy a challenge, something like a good multi that takes a bit of thinking about. Still by far the hardest cache so far has been ‘Wildcat’ we think it was the first 5x5 cache in the UK.

As for the mileage travelled, we dread to think but thankfully the car being diesel does 50mpg, and has never let us down yet, even on those roads that are ‘unsuitable for motor vehicles’.

One of the best parts of Geocaching for us is reading the logs of all those who follow us in search of those elusive Bears. Fortunately we still have 40 or so left of those Mark 2 Bears, but plans are already underway for a Mark 3. Hearing people have named the Bears is always good and their reason for that name is often funny. Of course we are still open to bribes for Silver Stallone with whom there is a further involvement. Saying no more icon_wink.gif

Of course the best part about Geocaching is meeting all you nice people, whether it be in person or via the website. See someone with a GPS within the vicinity of a cache and you know they are a friend immediately.

Most importantly we would not have been able to achieve this without Jeremy providing the site, and everyone who places caches, so thank you all.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

...Silver Stallone with whom there is a further involvement. Saying no more icon_wink.gif

In other words you gave him to mark at the fox hunt and he's gonna be auctionedicon_biggrin.gif

Michael aka 1/2 of Team Blitz

Wqablz-xqxw tdqml kwfwm twjowcl di klelqklqok ejw hepw gt dm lbw ktdl!

3.5 69 736.5 4106 15637.5

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz (Michael):

In other words you gave him to mark at the fox hunt and he's gonna be auctionedicon_biggrin.gif

Well, we did consider it,

And we decided,

Not to ! icon_smile.gif

We thought that whilst it would be fitting to do so, it would not be fair on all those who are collecting the bears to make them pay for it. Mark has also decided not to auction the bear but simply give it to whoever donates the most, which is what we originally hoped for.

The bear he has is just a regular T&J bear.

But it made you all think icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

But to save the trouble of hunting for them, here are links to the photo's:

Mark 1 Bears are HERE. Sorry I can't find a better photo right now.

The Mark 2 bears are HERE. This photo has been highly compressed for fast download so apologies for the quality. In the middle is Silver Stallone who will be released ... not tellin icon_biggrin.gif

If you want to read more about them there have been a number of threads in the UK Forum. Do a search for "bear".

Tim & June (Winchester)

You guys seem to be everything that is right with Geocaching!

Meeting June and Rincewind today was a pleasant and unexpected surprise, (I was only popping out to the shops!) but even though the light was fading and the weather miserable, you still went hunting.

I did not get to meet Tim and Luggage however....They were hiding in the car and letting June do all the work!

So what I want to know Tim, is how many of the T&J finds are down to the lovely June?

Oh bye the way, A T&J Bear in my cache. Makes me want to register under a false name just to get it icon_wink.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

In all the kerfuffle of the fopx hunt I almost missed the significance of his stop in a certain ancient capital.

My own congratulations to Tim and June who have, in the past, said kind things to most of us. It is your turn to be saluted.

To paraphrase an old saying from North of the border......

"Long may your GPSr seek!"

dodgydaved

I'm NOT lost, I know exactly where I am, I'm here!

Congratulations Tim and June!

Sorry that you wernt in Winchester today as Dan and I were there caching with Team Blitz and wanted to meet some other people. Will be coming back soon though hopefully. Such a nice area.

Good luck on the half thousand though now! Hope you enjoyed all the caches we planted for you to find.

Keep them bears coming.

Pid

P.S.. Classic today involved me setting off a banger left over from Firework night as I slopped behind Team Blitz and Dan and lit it in the undergrowth! hahaha classic, they thought the gun man was coming! icon_biggrin.gif

Ben Piddington http://www.buckscaching.co.uk

Well, I thought it only right and proper that we do this publicly. We know it will only go to their heads, but you lot have already done that with your, 'well done' here and your 'congratulations' there.

But it has to be said

Bl***y Hell How Many!!!! icon_eek.gif

Only joking, icon_biggrin.gif Well done Mum & Dad (in-law)

Here's to the next 300,000 (sorry to many zeros, well we've got to pull these so called Pro cachers down a peg or two icon_biggrin.gif )

Congrats again to you both.

Rincewind & Luggage

Well you go on holiday for a short while and it all happens! Congratulations both of you from us both.

We really love the bears and we seem to spend all our time tracking them down. Thanks for making the hobby so much fun.

P.S. Thers loads of caches in Epping Forest if you need to do some to get up to 400

Chris

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

Now we really do feel flattered.

Thanks everyone and thanks, Teasel, for the map. That's impressive !

Many have said that it gets more difficult from here on, We're not so sure, when we started there were only 28 caches in the UK, so it was a days event to do just one.

Trouble is, now we have run out of local caches again, guess we will just have to spread those bears a little further afield.

It has to be said, again, thanks to everyone who has placed the caches we find. Sure couldn't have done it without you.

Tim & June (Winchester)