What do we all do for a living?????

Guest Lozsing

Guest dylanhayes

Currently 'resting between jobs' as they say in the acting profession. Until recently software development for a Dotcom company. Silly old me was fooled by the collective histeria that persuded otherwise rational people that companies didn't actually need to make a profit.

One plus point is having lots of time to dream up places to put geocaches ;-)

Guest Rich_Ella_Polly

quote:
Originally posted by Finger:

I sell handheld computers and accessories AND I have to declare an interest .. I also sell GPS units.

Regards,

Finger

Could you do me a "deal" on a Garmin 3+ or Garmin V then please?

Rich.

Guest chris n maria

I fill the dull and meaningless existance between geocaching adventures creating complex Excel Spreadsheets for city traders.

Maria has managed to work for a company who now pay her to stay at home and not work! Nope - I can't work it out either!

Chris

Guest jeremyp

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

I am a statistician and consequently too boring to be of interest.

Have you been involved in any controversial or newsworthy statistical surveys or censuses recently?

quote:
Originally posted by jeremyp:

Have you been involved in any controversial or newsworthy statistical surveys or censuses recently?

Oooh don't know about that. I have worked on several surveys and censuses but wouldn't say any of them were particularly controversial or newsworthy.

Guest Whizz Kid

I'm an anaesthetist. I get to put people to sleep all day.

I get paid to do it, whereas there are plenty of people I know who don't, but are far better at it than I am, and they just use their conversation! (I use drugs!)

[This message has been edited by Whizz Kid (edited 13 February 2002).]

Guest Hagrid

I drive the trains between Holyhead and Crewe

If you have ever driven to Ireland via Holyhead you would have passed by my house on Anglesey.....on the old A5

Well, one of us works in the oil industry designing drills that steer round corners (but used to make inertial navigation systems for missiles and can remember when GPS was REALLY expensive - tens of thousands of squids). The other half of the team is an embedded software engineer making probes to measure very very very small things. We both also used to work in the nuclear industry icon_razz.gif but quit before it all turned mushroom shaped. (Turning up for work in a 'Nuclear Power No Thanks' t-shirt probably wasn't a good career move)

Well, one of us works in the oil industry designing drills that steer round corners (but used to make inertial navigation systems for missiles and can remember when GPS was REALLY expensive - tens of thousands of squids). The other half of the team is an embedded software engineer making probes to measure very very very small things. We both also used to work in the nuclear industry icon_razz.gif but quit before it all turned mushroom shaped. (Turning up for work in a 'Nuclear Power No Thanks' t-shirt probably wasn't a good career move)

quote:
Originally posted by Two Bears:

Well, one of us works in the oil industry designing drills that steer round corners..... The other half of the team is an embedded software engineer making probes to measure very very very small things.

Maybe you could work together making dentistry tools icon_smile.gif

El10t

quote:
Originally posted by Two Bears:

Well, one of us works in the oil industry designing drills that steer round corners..... The other half of the team is an embedded software engineer making probes to measure very very very small things.

Maybe you could work together making dentistry tools icon_smile.gif

El10t

3 days a week, I break things for a living, and I'm all you programmers' worst nightmare. Yes, I'm a software tester, though I prefer the term professional vandal. icon_biggrin.gif I work for a large bank.

The rest of the time, I haul a toddler around in a backpack and make the house look pretty.

Hobbies? My major obsession at the moment is bookbinding. Between the lack of caches in Edinburgh (no car, toddler gets impatient on public transport) and the weather, geocaching has not reached obsession status...

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

[This message was edited by evilrooster on July 05, 2002 at 12:53 AM.]

3 days a week, I break things for a living, and I'm all you programmers' worst nightmare. Yes, I'm a software tester, though I prefer the term professional vandal. icon_biggrin.gif I work for a large bank.

The rest of the time, I haul a toddler around in a backpack and make the house look pretty.

Hobbies? My major obsession at the moment is bookbinding. Between the lack of caches in Edinburgh (no car, toddler gets impatient on public transport) and the weather, geocaching has not reached obsession status...

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

[This message was edited by evilrooster on July 05, 2002 at 12:53 AM.]

Old thread, good idea.

I am Assistant Headteacher in a day and residential school for kids with emotional and behavioural problems.

I've worked with dissaffected kids for 29 years now and it is beginning to tell.......... icon_frown.gif

Drink too much, smoke too much and don't do enough exercise. Geocaching is becoming my 3rd favourite form of stress control icon_wink.gif.

Dodgydaved

dodgydaved

Old thread, good idea.

I am Assistant Headteacher in a day and residential school for kids with emotional and behavioural problems.

I've worked with dissaffected kids for 29 years now and it is beginning to tell.......... icon_frown.gif

Drink too much, smoke too much and don't do enough exercise. Geocaching is becoming my 3rd favourite form of stress control icon_wink.gif.

Dodgydaved

dodgydaved

I am a consultant in, motor cyclists finger gesture language, lip reading, the art of getting on to roads when nobody gives way, winning at chicken, saying thank you in 7 languages, ***!!* in 12. and i drive a london cab.

[This message was edited by philgn on July 06, 2002 at 01:32 PM.]