Magazine Article

A columnist and contributor to The Indie Magazine ('a monthly trade publication for independent computer and console retailers') stumbled over one of mine and Pids cache pages the other day and has since written an article on Geocaching, for anyone interested it is posted here at the link below. Before continuing please note that it is posted on the authors personal webpage, NOT the magazines site (so no 'this is the wrong place to be talking about caching' comments necisary icon_wink.gif), you will be taken to another site & there is a picture of women in Bikinis at the top, if thats not to your liking please don't visit: http://www.snapsandbytes.co.uk/framesindie.html

The article can be found right at the bottom of the page.

Its just a hunt for a lunch box, why be so serious!?! badgerslayer.gif

Dan Wilson - www.Buckscaching.co.uk - Stash Notes, forums & Much more...

Yeah, that's a goodun! icon_biggrin.gif

Is it me, or does the middle bikini dolly bird look like she's been practising that wink all day and has just managed to get it right?

Funny how we seem to be paying more attention to bikinis than caches... icon_wink.gif

Good stuff though, liked the article. icon_cool.gif

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

What Trolls?

What's this - publicity about geocaching, presents it in a good light, clear, concise and non contentious. All this done WITHOUT the aid, permission or approval of GAGB or its mouthpiece (you know who!)

What's the world coming to? icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

<sig line censored!!!>

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Wilson:

... you will be taken to another site & there is a picture of women in Bikinis at the top, if thats not to your liking please don't visit:

It captures the essence of geocaching quite succinctly. Exploration of hills and valleys followed by a short bush-whack in order to reach the treasure. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Nice article.

-

---------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

My first ever forum posting, about myself! (Well, the article I wrote back in June last year) Reading everyone's thoughts, mild swipes and feedback was very interesting. Thanks to everyone who was nice, '500 words is all I get' to people who said it was short and sorry to everyone who likes Golf. ;)

Before now I'd not realised it *was* possible to be political over a box of bobbins tucked in tree, but there you go! Some of the postings I've read today remind me too much of the schoolyard but I understand people can hit the ADD REPLY button in the heat of the moment. And other people are the sort of people who make the first sort of people very angry. And then there's the people who are both sorts of people, and that's where the trouble really starts. Eh, listen to me, rambling. And I'm not ever wearing appropriate footwear.

Simply Paul

My first ever forum posting, about myself! (Well, the article I wrote back in June last year) Reading everyone's thoughts, mild swipes and feedback was very interesting. Thanks to everyone who was nice, '500 words is all I get' to people who said it was short and sorry to everyone who likes Golf.  ;) 

Before now I'd not realised it *was* possible to be political over a box of bobbins tucked in tree, but there you go! Some of the postings I've read today remind me too much of the schoolyard but I understand people can hit the ADD REPLY button in the heat of the moment. And other people are the sort of people who make the first sort of people very angry. And then there's the people who are both sorts of people, and that's where the trouble really starts. Eh, listen to me, rambling. And I'm not ever wearing appropriate footwear.

Simply Paul

Is that you with the bikini girls at the top Paul?

Great article btw!

MarcB

Edited by MarcB

Hi Tiffany, yes, it's taken this long to pull my forum finger out. It's nothing personal, it's just that I've never got around to it before. I might just be lazy... ;)

Good to see you've borrowed my thoughts on golf for your profile too, lol!

Hello MarcB, yep, that's me in the middle. I'm the one with genuine breasts. Glad you liked the article. As you can see, the chance discovery of one of D&P's caches online while researching the Chiltern Sculpture Trail (.co.uk) has lead to me finding 40+ caches, hiding 20 (no. 21 going in near Buckingham later today!) and setting up the UK's only currently listed Event Cache (Chess Themed Geocache No.10 - Black King) to take place later in the year. I have to say it's all thanks to Dan&Pid, who have placed some wonderful caches in my area, as well as I now have Dan's old etrex, which seems to remember just where he placed all his caches. B)

Cheers guys

Simply Paul