OK guys and girls the first Yorkshire cache is in situ

Guest Monz

Guest Monz

"Come and ave a gu if tha thinks thas hard enuff"

N 53° 31.213 W 001° 26.047 (WGS-84)

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 20 May 2001).]

Guest genegarris

I want to travel to N. Yorkshire the next time in the UK but am curious if geocaching in the UK is being hampered by the foot and mouthy stuff?

Guest Moss Trooper

Yep.. it is..

But the ones being set are usually uneffected by F & M. all the ones set sofar can be accessed with no problem.

And the restrictions are slowly being lifted.. so by th etime yer get ere yer may have to be ready fer a hike.. :))

An some of mine will need oxygen LOL LOL LOL

Guest Street Pilot

There are a few frustrated cachers over here just waiting for the resrictions to be lifted so they can get out and place more caches. Some areas are easier to access than others, the worst affected being Cumbria and Devon. The worst is over now and but it is a slow process getting back to normal.

Guest Monz

I will be placing a cache in North Yorks next week... West Yorks the week after that and East Yorks the week after that well it might be closer to North Lincs but not far out.

I just hope someone decides to come and search for them after all the trouble to make and hide them...

Guest JasonW

quote:
Originally posted by Monz:

I just hope someone decides to come and search for them after all the trouble to make and hide them...

As the Lord almost certainly never said, "cache and they shall seek" icon_smile.gif

Guest Monz

Moss and JasonW

You better have done a good job hiding your caches... "we're a comin"

Bank holiday Monday is "Cache back day" for me and my other half

Guest Moss Trooper

Well Monz.. mine is sorta easy.. but Woodhorn is a stinker.. and remember.. Kirknewton my friend.. when you walk through the gate.. well.. you will remember.. icon_smile.gif Don't have to be November.

Guest JasonW

Good cache Monz - shame about the dumped car parts etc in lanes around the woods icon_frown.gif

Still I walked past it twice before realising where it was.

Took nothing - left something.

Guest Monz

OMG... how did you manage to leave something without taking anything... I filled the box right up to the brim... had to squeeze the cache notice in with a shoe horn.

GRRRRR why didnt you take anything... do I need to put better quality things in the cache? tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 26 May 2001).]

Guest JasonW

Well there was plenty of room after I rearranged the stuff to drop my 'something' in - as for why I took nothing - well for me the main thing is finding the cache not like some of our $$$$-obsessed colleagues elsewhere....

Guest JasonW

In fact - just thinking about it - although I'm certain I left something, I can't remember what without doing an inventory of my cache kit icon_biggrin.gif

Could the mod responsible for closing one old, innocuous, thread while leaving the others open please explain the thinking?

If he feels it inappropriate to bump such an old thread because of its age (that was the implication), then why not close ALL such threads so they cannot be bumped?

..."best practice"..

Define please, as related to this forum of late.............. :)

Please:

adverb, verb, pleased, pleas⋅ing.

–adverb

1. (used as a polite addition to requests, commands, etc.) if you would be so obliging; kindly: Please come here. Will you please turn the radio off?

–verb (used with object)

2. to act to the pleasure or satisfaction of: to please the public.

as in "I'm pleased that the forums have settled down now"

:):grin::grin::)

Edited by SlytherinAlex

..."best practice"..

Define please, as related to this forum of late.............. :lol:

Please:

adverb, verb, pleased, pleas⋅ing.

–adverb

1. (used as a polite addition to requests, commands, etc.) if you would be so obliging; kindly: Please come here. Will you please turn the radio off?

–verb (used with object)

2. to act to the pleasure or satisfaction of: to please the public.

as in "I'm pleased the the forums have settled down now"

:):):laughing::laughing:

:):grin::grin:

All posts from that time have the user as unregistered, maybe because the threads were imported from a previous version of the forum.

A quick fiddle suggest there are about 2495 active caches in Yorkshire:

1027 North Yorkshire

1034 West Yorkshire

434 South Yorkshire

Just a note... I left this topic open since it seemed to be bumped with a valid question, where the one I closed was bumped with just "Congratulations :D " (bumping for the sake of bumping almost). Thanks to rutson for doing some looking around. :D Nice work. :D

All posts from that time have the user as unregistered, maybe because the threads were imported from a previous version of the forum.

A quick fiddle suggest there are about 2495 active caches in Yorkshire:

1027 North Yorkshire

1034 West Yorkshire

434 South Yorkshire

Just a note... I left this topic open since it seemed to be bumped with a valid question, where the one I closed was bumped with just "Congratulations :) " (bumping for the sake of bumping almost). Thanks to rutson for doing some looking around. :cute: Nice work. -_-

South Yorkshire massive? not so massive :)