Caches on Forestry Commission Land?

In another currently active thread I read the following:-

quote:
Originally posted by Lassitude:

<snip>

It should provide information to Geocachers on areas that have been given the green light and any exceptional rules for cache placement in those areas e.g. The forestry Commision have allowed cache placement on their land as long as it is within 20 metres of a track.

<snip>

Is this an FC universal guideline or a 'locally agreed' one? I was under the impression that the FC didn't allow caches on their land at all. icon_confused.gif

"Fear is temporary, regret is permanent!"

motley. adj. varied in appearance or character.

crew. n. group of people.

quote:
Originally posted by Motley Crew:

In another currently active thread I read the following:-

quote:

<snip>

It should provide information to Geocachers on areas that have been given the green light and any exceptional rules for cache placement in those areas e.g. The forestry Commision have allowed cache placement on their land as long as it is within 20 metres of a track.

<snip>

Is this an FC universal guideline or a 'locally agreed' one? I was under the impression that the FC didn't allow caches on their land at all. icon_confused.gif

I am unaware of any such agreement, and thus treated the *example* as just that: a hypothetical example. It would be SO much better if it were true!

Paul

I think that these sort of negotiations would have all have been sorted by the people that were trying to set up a national body to help with Permission from the big land owners, and the county councils, it would have gone down better coming from what would be an organised set of people who could speak on behalf of the geocaching fraterity, But those that were only out there to help us all and and not just themselves were knocked back and in my words"insulted " by a couple of people who cant move forward in time .The only way that this sport is going to get that sort of permission is only if we all come together and give our support to those good people that want to work for the benifit of all.

Nige

Actually Tim and June earlier this year were at a very delicate stage of negotiations with Forestry Enterprises the ones who control FC.

This was at a time when we were discussing whether food stuff should be placed in caches..

the man from FE was watching the forum when some started saying they would put in caches what they liked..

Hence.. we are back to square one.. Luckily they, FE, have not put a blanket ban on caches.. YET.. but they dont condone them either.

The galling bit is THEY the FE contacted Tim and June.

Moss the Boss... Sorta

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

Actually Tim and June earlier this year were at a very delicate stage of negotiations with Forestry Enterprises the ones who control FC.

This was at a time when we were discussing whether food stuff should be placed in caches..

the man from FE was watching the forum when some started saying they would put in caches what they liked..

Hence.. we are back to square one.. Luckily they, FE, have not put a blanket ban on caches.. YET.. but they dont condone them either.

For information to newer members of the forum, information on the history of this is in this thread, though I suggest we don't re-ignite this one.

Rich

mobilis in mobili

quote:

Sorry to get your hopes up but this was a hypothetical example to illustrate the sort of information that could be provided by the 'Association'. Should have chosen an example less credible icon_wink.gif . e.g. You can only place caches on Forestry Commission land if you are wearing a pink tu-tu. Now lets see if anybody quotes that one out of context icon_wink.gif

Thanks

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

quote:

You can only place caches on Forestry Commission land if you are wearing a pink tu-tu.

Marvelous - what a great step forward and I have managed to find one in my size as well! The only trouble is that it dosn't look good with my walking boots.

Have the FC put any specification as to footware?

Chris

If only life had an undo button....

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:

You can only place caches on Forestry Commission land if you are wearing a pink tu-tu.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

I've spent over an hour doing Google searches for a pink tu-tu outlet here in the UK, and can't find one in my size.

Where did you get yours? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

One day my sigline will stop changing.

Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!". icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DerekReed:

Chris,

I've spent over an hour doing Google searches for a pink tu-tu outlet here in the UK, and can't find one in my size.

Where did you get yours? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Try these people the service is excellent and they make to measure if you are above average size.

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

Try http://www.danceworld.demon.co.uk/Content%20Pages/TuTus%20Ready%20Made.htm the service is excellent and they make to measure if you are above average size.

S'cuse me gents. Remember this, when you talk forests in our neck of the woods i.e. Epping then any dancing on moonlit nights require the correct attire - which will be black and not pink.

Any problems with this, please consult our colleague Harold Demure who will be more than happy to fill you in - so to speak icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

quote:

Marvelous - what a great step forward and I have managed to find one in my size as well! The only trouble is that it dosn't look good with my walking boots.

Chris

Chris, you are going to have to post a pic of you and your pink Tu-Tu.

My wife and I have been in stitches wondering what you look like!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

(Every one needs a bigger letterbox!)

quote:
Originally posted by Postie:

My wife and I have been in stitches wondering what you look like!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

(Every one needs a bigger letterbox!)

Sorry I could only find this picture which is my yellow tu-tu - but close enough.

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Blackcap Barons:

Any problems with this, please consult our colleague Harold Demure who will be more than happy to fill you in - so to speak icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Harold Demure, the one who's still not quite sure, firing acorns from out of his sling?

{Selling England By The Pound - Genesis)

So the Blackcap Barons toss a coin to settle the score.

Not that I know wherefrom you qouteth. icon_wink.gif

One day my sigline will stop changing.

Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!". icon_smile.gif

quote:

My wife and I have been in stitches wondering what you look like!!!

I tried to take a pic but the my digital camera refused to take the picture. Probably a good thing. The world is not ready for my big pink frilly tutu. icon_eek.gif

quote:

As for footwear- I was thinking some fishing waders would go nicely although I am open to suggestions.

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

Well

After reading this topic i think its getting decidedly silly. Now every one knows that fishing waders would not be at all suitable with a pink tu tu now thigh high leather boots with 6 inch heels would be absolutley perfick. especially if you carried a nice whip to beat of any geocachers that may be heading for the same cache as you and had a good chance of winning, or could that be going a little bit to far and am i giving away my secrets.

Cheers

Bounty Hunter1

PS I have a nice pair of black leather thigh high boots wiyth 6 inch heels that i am prepared to rent out for reasonable recompence and i will throw the whip in for nothing icon_biggrin.gif

Strangers are only friends you have not met yet

quote:
Originally posted by Paul G0TLG:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/duell/costume.jpg

OK< so it's not a tutu, it's a fairy costume. But those ARE walking boots I'm wearing.

I was young. And stupid. And (I regret to say) sober.

Paul

I came, I cached, I fell over in the mud

You wre sober?

Wonder if they do those rocks in boulder-size? I feel an irrepresible urge to hide, preferably after running away first... icon_biggrin.gif

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

You wre _sober_?

I was driving that night icon_frown.gif

For the record it was a charity fundraising pub crawl: I used the slogan I'm the pretty fairy with the wand that goes 'flash'-get yer hands in yer pockets, and give us yer cash!.

It was quite a successful evening, too.

Paul

I came, I cached, I fell over in the mud