New Avatars

quote:
Originally posted by Slytherin:

Perhaps it is related to this... http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=7999

and maybe he nicked it from http://www.acaciart.com/stories/archive10.html icon_smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

Spot on with what it is Slytherin but no I didn't nick it from that site.

The Pic came from a site of Kokopelli pictures which were free to download for personal use.(So did that site nick it or the other site?) icon_confused.gif

I play the North American Indian flute so Kokopelli seems an appropriate Avatar icon_smile.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

Sorry to spoil the fun but I beleive it is an Amecrian Indian God called Kokopelli.

Here is and extract from a URL:

In ancient Indian legend, Kokopelli the flute player was the symbol of happiness and joy. He talked to the wind and the sky. His flute could be heard in the Spring breeze, bringing warmth after the winter cold.

Kokopelli embodies everything pure and spiritual about music. He was also thought of as a fertility god and traveling prankster. He would visit villages playing his flute, carrying his songs on his back. Everyone would sing and dance the night away. In the morning, when he left, the crops were plentiful and all the women were pregnant.

There are many stories of Kokopelli. One is that he is responsible for the end of winter and the coming of spring. Native American legend has it that when the Kokopelli comes playing his flute the Sun comes out, the snow melts, the green grass grows, the birds come out and begin to sing, and all the animals gather around to hear his songs. Kokopelli and his flute bring the Spring out of the Winter.

So to summarise its a bloke who plays with his flute a lot ;-)

Cheers

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

Whoops. Should have replied quicker to this. Got side tracked and somebody beat me to the 'Hey look I'm really brainy' award.

Cheers

Chris

LASSITUDE- (noun) Tiredness and apathy: a state of weariness accompanied by listlessness or apathy[15th century. Via French from Latin lassitudo , from lassus 'weary'.]

quote:
Originally posted by Lassitude:

Whoops. Should have replied quicker to this. Got side tracked and somebody beat me to the 'Hey look I'm really brainy' award.

Cheers

Chris

Don't feel bad Chris. I brought the Kokopelli travel bug back from the States last year, so I recognised it straight away.

Alex.

---------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....