Team Slytherin breaks the 400 barrier

Postie

That is an impressive total.

You did the business in Florida, I see that you hit a few caches near my fiancee's mom's house.

My schedule is always so busy that I don't get much time to cache whilst over there.

merry xmas to you

Merman

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

Wow - these guys are good! Very well done Alex & Kim. Us poor mortals will have to work hard to place enough caches for youse guys to find or you'll be running out soon.

How do you find the time? Ah yes, I was forgetting - student/lecturer, plenty of free time icon_wink.gif

Peter

p.s. Ta for the e-card

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by The Wombles:

Well done again, so does this make you top cachers outside the US? We know where you'll be today (and tomorrow, and the next day ........ ).

Dave

I hadn't ever thought of that, but a little bit of checking shows a guy in Australia with a few more finds than us. And there is a guy in Sweden who has over 400 finds which represents almost half of the caches in that country. That takes some doing.

We have logged quite a large number of caches in Florida and Minnesota now (111) and also have bagged caches in France and Italy so Tim & June are still the top finders of UK caches but I guess they must be seeing Subarite appearing in their rear view mirror. He has put on some serious numbers over the last couple of months.

For our part, serious foot problems in the autumn did curtail the caching for a while, but the main problem is that we have run out of local caches to do. Being enclosed by the Pennines to the west and the Peak District to the south even a cache that shows as 30 miles away from home involves a drive of about 90 minutes each way. Given the shorter days and our unfinished new kitchen that pretty much rules out weekend jaunts until the spring.

I still get out sometimes during the week when Kim has Uni work to do and wants me out of the way and have been ticking off some of the 3 terrain caches that I had put off for a while.

As for the best and the worst, I'll give that some thought and post again later.

Thanks for the congrats - much appreciated.

Alex.