You'll have had your tea? - The Scottish Cache Bash

Pooter

After extensive market research amongst the Scottish caching community (ie: everybody coming back with different preferred dates and me making an abitrary decision) the Scottish Cache Bash will be held on the 20th September. The location will be in Balerno / Currie which is 6 miles south-west of Edinburgh City Centre and easily accessible by bus or train as well as by car. We will run it along similar lines to the hugely successful Northern Cache Bash and you will have to cache your way (not too taxing) to a secret pubbish location.

I'm sure that some of you down south will want to come up and sample good old Scottish hospitality and maybe tackle a walk in the Pentland Hills. The pub and other establishments in the vicinity will offer accomodation for those who may want to indulge to excess. Any idea of numbers?

When time comes, we'll all be drownded, lad

I've got some holiday left so I'll do my best to make it.

Err... by the way... will the dreaded Scottish Midges be out of the way by then or will I need to bring full tropical mosquito defences?? icon_biggrin.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

Err... by the way... will the dreaded Scottish Midges be out of the way by then or will I need to bring full tropical mosquito defences?? icon_biggrin.gif

John

Will you all be wearing kilts at this bash? If so, it's probably best to have some kind of protection under that thing. icon_eek.gif

Tell me which pub it's at and I may well be there with wife & dogs. But then it's such a long way away......

PS We just did the Walk (or Cycle) in Pentland Hills cache and the midges were bad - could only stay there for a few minutes!

[This message was edited by Jon, Kat & Ruby & Tom on August 05, 2003 at 05:07 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Pooter:

After extensive market research .... the Scottish Cache Bash will be held on the 20th September.

I get the opportunity to come to Scotland once every couple of years to give some training.... and when is it? A WEEK AFTER this event!

Let me just find a quiet corner I can go and cry in.....

Paul

Another proud member of the GAGB!

Hi Pooter,

count me out please.

Her indoors promised to take the kids to Ballamory(Tobermory) So that's where we are heading 20-23 August. Yes! she did promise that before looking at a map or a calendar but I'd rather not explain that to her just at the moment.

So, good news - I will be back in Scotland soon

Bad news - not in sync with the Scottish Cache Bash. Have a token pint of guinness for me icon_razz.gif

042502_2217_1578_prv.gif It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Ambu:

Hi Pooter,

Have a token pint of guinness for me icon_razz.gif

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/042502/042502_2217_1578_prv.gif It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

I am not long back from Ireland and from what I remember about the Guinness you would be better having one on your side of the sea. It was definantly a lot better tasting than the stuff we get over here!

AUT PAX AUT BELLUM

quote:
Originally posted by Naefearjustbeer:

It was definantly a lot better tasting than the stuff we get over here!

AUT PAX AUT BELLUM

Ahhh!

No argument from me there. It also gets better the closer you get to Dublin.

A tip from a ConnySewer - only drink guinness in a pub where others are drinking guinness. That way you don't get stale stuff from the pipes. Oh, and use a fork icon_biggrin.gif

042502_2217_1578_prv.gif It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Caches will go live on Friday 12th. Hopefully the Eckster will approve them by Sat 13th.

Go down the M90, cross the Forth road bridge (free going south), down the A90, onto the A902 then onto the city bypass A702 and get off at Colinton and work your way back to Currie. No problem, See you there.

I've got a yellow Magellan Meridian that I don't use much since I got the new Garmin. Trouble is, that it's got a 64mb card and full maps for the UK loaded in, so it won't come too cheap. I'll bring it along so if anybody's interested---------