Geocachers do the stupiedest things.....

Like me for instance, plan a family holiday during half term in order to get some caches done in the west country, download the relevant sites to the GPS, copy the cache pages over to my IPAQ to save printing them all out, select 3 different camp sites so as to make the best use of our time (despite arguements from Mrs Cookiecrew about moving sites!), Drive 200 miles down to said west country, step outside the caravan ready to start caching... to "Wheres the GPS!, you did pack it didn't you?", oh how we laughed.... icon_frown.gif

Anyone else have anymore examples of when things have gone wrong during a caching trip....?

ps. at least we didn't have to change sites !!! icon_smile.gif

How about this-

Planned day out.

Made sandwiches, carefully put them into large empty margarine container. About 2pm middle of nowhere we were very hungry. Opened margarine container.

Yep half a tub of margarine. Yummy. Oh how we laughed NOT.

It's only a foot.

[This message was edited by The Spokes on June 02, 2003 at 02:11 PM.]

I got a nice shiny new PDA thingy so downloaded some cache pages to it. Loaded up the car with caching goodies and other bits and set of for a day of caching. I was about 50 miles from home when I remembered the PDA thingy was still sat in it's cradle next to the computer. Oh how I laughed.

Have boots and GPSr, will cache for fun!

Emptied out the backpack at 10.30 pm after a days caching and found a log book in there.

Aaah! What's that doing in there?

A quick check of the cache page only to find two more logs for the same day saying how disappointed they were that there was no log book in the cache.

We threw it in there in a mad rush after being surprised by a gang of geomuggles and forgot to put it back in the cache.

Well it was only 2" x 2"!

Needless to say, up at the crack of dawn the next morning to replace it.

[This message was edited by THE BRAMBLERS on June 03, 2003 at 02:00 PM.]

Whilst doing the SP series of caches. We had all the print out in a little plastic wallet. On Reaching the 4th cache we realised that we didn't have it. We must have left it near the previous (3rd) cache. Mr H. tracked back but couldn't find it by the cache. As he knew he definatly had it at the 2nd. He tracked back to that cache, but no sign of it. So checking the log book in case someone had picked it up, but nothing. Tracked back to the 3rd cache. Went to check the log and there was the wallet in the cache box. Off to find Mrs H again, who was getting a bit worried as to where Mr H. was.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr & Mrs Hedgehog:

There was the wallet in the cache box.

That's the reason I use quite a large zipped wallet

One day my sigline will stop changing.

Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!". icon_smile.gif

I am a proud member of the Geocaching Association of Great Britain.

If you would like to have a say in the future of geocaching in the UK, please visit http://www.gagb.org.uk

I was chatting to Mrs H on the phone this morning... I said to her.... 'Hilary was dropped off on Southampton Common yesterday... and a guy picked her up that evening'. I immediatly got shouts of disgust from my co-workers. They thought that I've become a pimp... I tried to explain that 'Hilary' wasn't a woman but a small fluffy hedgehog with a travel bug attached and that's why she got dropped off and picked up later!

I have a piece of advice for you all. When you put your right foot down and it sinks past your ankle into mud, it is better to move back onto your left foot and minimise the damage rather than immediately put your left foot next to it which sinks just as dramatically.

Now, why didn't somebody tell me that 6 hours ago!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.