Breaching copyright

jeremyp

quote:

Originally posted by Michael Blitz:

When I log on to find new caches in the sysyem, i usually click on "UK" on the homepage and then look at the hiders name, this usually gives me a good enough idea of whether they are close or not. I used to use the "cache map" but i tend not to now because it takes ages to load. Teasels map is good but as G:UK doesn't get cache info nas soon as it comes online, it can be a bit behind.

Mike

This forum post is copyright 2003 to Michael Blitz and may not be re-produced in part or full without prior written consent.

Copyright 2003 All rights reserved

In another thread, I posted a reply to the above message just because I wanted to see how it felt to breach somebody's copyright. And it felt gooooood! Unfortunately, it led to a lot more off topic posts by others. So to avoid swamping that topic I have reproduced it here (in itself a breach of copyright) so that everybody can have a chance to breach Michael's copyright (sorry Michael) without upsetting any topic starters.

If you want to breach Michael's copyright, just post a reply to this message using the double-quote button.

If you are Michael, please do not post a message saying we have permission to reproduce this message cos it'll spoil the fun icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by jeremyp:

quote:

This forum post is copyright 2003 to Michael Blitz and may not be re-produced in part or full without prior written consent.

In another thread, I posted a reply to the above message just because I wanted to see how it felt to breach somebody's copyright. And it felt gooooood! Unfortunately, it led to a lot more off topic posts by others. So to avoid swamping that topic I have reproduced it here (in itself a breach of copyright) so that everybody can have a chance to breach Michael's copyright (sorry Michael) without upsetting any topic starters.

If _you_ want to breach Michael's copyright, just post a reply to this message using the double-quote button.

If you are Michael, please do not post a message saying we have permission to reproduce this message cos it'll spoil the fun icon_smile.gif

-------

jeremyp

[url=http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

I'm game for a bit of breaching: poaching goes back in my family a long way I guess... icon_wink.gif As it says below, !It's a tradition or an old charter or something"!

teehee! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

It's a tradition, or an old charter or something...

quote:

quote:

When I log on to find new caches in the sysyem, i usually click on "UK" on the homepage and then look at the hiders name, this usually gives me a good enough idea of whether they are close or not. I used to use the "cache map" but i tend not to now because it takes ages to load. Teasels map is good but as G:UK doesn't get cache info nas soon as it comes online, it can be a bit behind.

Mike

If _you_ want to breach Michael's copyright, just post a reply to this message using the double-quote button.

-------

jeremyp

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

This post is copyright Bill D (wwh) 2003 and may not be reproduced in any form in part or in whole except with the express permission of the author.

Bill

Great! Now I can breach two copyrights with the push of a single button. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh):

quote:

quote:

Mike

-------

jeremyp

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

This post is copyright Bill D (wwh) 2003 and may not be reproduced in any form in part or in whole except with the express permission of the author.

Bill

[copyright © 2003 Jeremy Pereira]

-------

jeremyp

quote:

Great! Now I can breach two copyrights with the push of a single button. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh):

quote:

quote:

Mike

-------

jeremyp

Bill

-------

jeremyp

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.

Sir Winston Churchill

So now we're all breaking Robert Rankin's copyright?

SimonG.org - now with added blog!

quote:

quote:

-------

jeremyp

Dear Mr Omally. May I bring your attention to the copyright notice at the bottom of my post that you quite flagrantly reproduced as part of yours. I remind you that under copyright law in the UK, it is illegal to reproduce other people's original work without their permission which was not granted in this case. I would therefore ask you to cease and desist or I'll sue the pants off you. icon_smile.gif

Have a nice day.

[copyright © 2003 Jeremy Pereira. All seats reserved.]

-------

jeremyp

quote:

quote:

quote:

-------

jeremyp

Dear Mr Omally. May I bring your attention to the copyright notice at the bottom of my post that you quite flagrantly reproduced as part of yours. I remind you that under copyright law in the UK, it is illegal to reproduce other people's original work without their permission which was not granted in this case. I would therefore ask you to cease and desist or I'll sue the pants off you. icon_smile.gif

Have a nice day.

[copyright © 2003 Jeremy Pereira. All seats reserved.]

-------

jeremyp

What if I go commando? icon_razz.gif

This is an Official messgae from the UK official copyrighting agency. The following facts have been bought to our attention.

On March 15th 2003 at approx 3:48 PM WCT a Mr Jeremy Pereira posted a reply in the United Kingdom section of the Geocaching Forums, quoting a Mr Michael Blitz, re-producing part of one of his previous posts, which contained a copyright notice. This is contary to the coptright act of 1968 which states "A person is guilty of breach of copyright if they re-produce in full of part, any material that is protected by copyright without the consent of the ownner of such material"

Further to this, at approx 04:08 WCT Mr Jeremy Pereira also proceeded to breach a Mr Bill D's copyright on his previous postings.

But this was not the end of the matter, at the same time, Mr Jeremy Pereira attempted to cllaim copyright on both of the above listed copyrighted posts, contary the the copyright act 1968 which states "A person may not claim copyright on any material that was not wholly his own work."

Therefore we have no other option but to inforce a fine of amount £00.06n on Mr Jeremy Pereira, this must be paid within 3 days or unessecary flaming will follow.

Thank you for your co-operation.

The Copyright office

quote:

quote:

What if I go commando? icon_razz.gif

i was just getting ready for lunch and you've completely destroyed my appetite.

Guess you'll have to go find a lunchbox without food-stuff in it then! icon_biggrin.gif

Neutiquam erro.

Here's the way I find nearby caches: from the GC home page I select 'United Kingdom' in the box on the right, then scan the list for the names of local hiders. I don't recommend using the 'map of caches' due to the time it takes to load. An alternative is the map at Geocacheuk.com, but this isn't always quite up to date.

© Simon Goodway 2003. Any similarity to any other post, particularly by Michael Blitz, is entirely coincidental.

SimonG.org - now with added blog!

quote:

© Simon Goodway 2003. Any similarity to any other post, particularly by Michael Blitz, is entirely coincidental.

Actually, Michael can't copyright 'Michael Blitz' anyway.... I copyrighted the 'Blitz' bit ages ago!!!!

This post, and any others like it, are © Paul Blitz, 2003 (or thereabouts)

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz:

Actually, Michael can't copyright 'Michael Blitz' anyway.... I copyrighted the 'Blitz' bit ages ago!!!!

But Michael Blitz can't copyright Michael Blitz anyway, since it is not his original work. In fact even the statement "copyright Michael Blitz" breaches your copyright on "Michael Blitz". You could grant him a lifetime licence to use it though or transfer the copyright to him.

-------

jeremyp

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

Michael Blitz

Copyright 2003 Tim & June. All rights reserved

There, now Michael can't even use his name.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

I did hear tell of someone who set up a business, using their own name for the name of the business. Then, sometime later, they made it a Limited company, still using their own name. Another company bought out the company and now the original person cannot start a new company using their own name.

The details are more involved in that, including the original person joing a group who had financial difficulties sometime later, which is why the company with the persons name got sold on to yet another company...

--... ...--

Morseman