Please I need your help along N52 39.737

Team JBSS

I'm trying to complete "where's in a name " gc3153 cache. The coordinates I have to start with are lat n52 39.737 (wgs84) anywhere along that lat is ok. you pick the longitude.

If you read the intructions you'll see we both get credit for the cache and can log in.

Your part starts at #4 in the instructions

Again any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Bob

[This message was edited by J&B Super Sleuths on January 16, 2003 at 12:59 PM.]

I won't have a free evening or weekend until after 2nd feb (really busy, then skiing holiday), but I should be able to have a pop for you after that. It's only 20-30 miles up the A10, so not too much of a problem icon_smile.gif

Let me know if that's any good.

--

**Mother is the name of God on the lips of all children**

I logged a find on this cache this morning with a little help from Mr.Magoo in New Jersy icon_biggrin.gif

As a fellow geocacher put himself out for me, it would be churlish not to respond to a similar plea. The co-ordinate you want is a little way north of me and I could only log it as a note but if all else fails, let me know and I'll go get it for you.

John

Yes, that is a saggital slice through my head. It's an MRI (Magentic Resonace Imaging) image, taken in February 2001.

I'm having another done on Thursday 23rd.

There's nothing wrong with me, so don't start getting worried. I do it for fun.

I lie in an MRI machine, having my head scanned whilst performing simple experiments (responding to messages on a computer screen), so the researchers can see which bits of my brain light up with activity. They then do an anatomical scan so they can associate the functional areas to anatomy.

The whole thing takes about an hour and a half, for which I am rewarded £25 and a picture of a scan of my head.

Cool, huh?

--

**Mother is the name of God on the lips of all children**

That is very cool - I would love to have a picture like that of my head.

I remember being quite young and having to undergo a full side-on X-ray of my skull which looked amazing. I wanted to take the developed photo home but sadly the hospital kept it. An MRI showing the brain structures is even more amazing!

Rich

mobilis in mobili

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

I logged a find on this cache this morning with a little help from Mr.Magoo in New Jersy icon_biggrin.gif

As a fellow geocacher put himself out for me, it would be churlish not to respond to a similar plea. The co-ordinate you want is a little way north of me and I could only log it as a note but if all else fails, let me know and I'll go get it for you.

John

I saw your posting and saw that Magoo was going to help you out. I then went to the cache posting and decided to try myself. The funny thing is that the letters used from my screen name "jbsuper" put me across Ireland and England. To while trying and find geocachers near my coordinates I decided to locate a cache nearby. This way I would have a better chance.

I would certainly appreciate your help but since you have already posted....Someone else may want to post a log.

thanks, Bob

I'm greatfull for the responses thus far.

Not to offend anyone either

I have an Idea....I'm in no rush and I don't want anyone to have to travel too far. So, if you can tell me approximately how far you are from my coordinates I'll hook up with the closest person.

I'll stop taking distances saturday at midnight eastern standard time USA.

Bob

quote:
Originally posted by Huga:

It's an MRI (Magentic Resonace Imaging) image, taken in February 2001... There's nothing wrong with me, so don't start getting worried.

I had one taken in August 2000. There was something wrong with me - I'd gone deaf in one ear. Unfortunately they couldn't find anything wrong, so I still am. It's usually only a problem in noisy surroundings, so if you say hello on Sunday and I ignore you, don't be offended!

SimonG.org