night cache

mookey

Yep, me and Mike from The Relic Hunters did a couple of cache's here in Cumbria.......I wasn't going on my own, not that I'm scared ......err..

it's easier with two brains.....err.... and more fun coz the torch batteries ran verrrrrry low!!

Happy night 'caching,

GAZ

Yeah, i work in a bar and finnish at about 2-2.30 daily so me Pid and Jason have done a lot of night caches between us. Latest being about 4am. Got some nice photos along the way which are posted on the cache pages. It makes doing the cache even better especially when the area is a litle bit spooky. For anyone else wanting to get into night caching i can recomend the pit near penn (although the cache seems to have been removed???) It is the creepiest place i have ever been in my lif and it was pitch black and raining, not nice at all!

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Wilson:

... For anyone else wanting to get into night caching i can recomend the pit near penn (although the cache seems to have been removed???) It is the creepiest place i have ever been in my lif and it was pitch black and raining, not nice at all!

I also tried to find this one just as it was getting dark. Very spooky and creepy place, bit like the Blair Witch Project.

Might I suggest Scottys Tomb Raider series if you haven't done those yet. I'm sure they would give the necessary chill factor.

I'd come along too but unfortunately whatever night it is, I'm busy. Remember to take a stake, garlic and a cross with you. You never know what you might bump into! icon_eek.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

Might I suggest Scottys Tomb Raider series if you haven't done those yet. I'm sure they would give the necessary chill factor.

I'd come along too but unfortunately whatever night it is, I'm busy. Remember to take a stake, garlic and a cross with you. You never know what you might bump into! icon_eek.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

quote:
Might I suggest Scottys Tomb Raider series
I ended up trying to complete TR1 in near darkness. It wasn't as if the place was particularly spooky, but the ground was un-even and it's not easy to find a well hidden cache when there's not enough light to see by...

I've also hunted some of the central London caches after dark, but they don't really count...

Purrs... LazyLeopard http://www.lazyleopard.org.uk

Night Caching rules guys! The most memorable night cache me and Dan have done is ENTOLOGY we parked up in the dark and walked through the dense forest with only our torch to make sure we didnt hit any trees,,,we were basically blind, without that torch we would have been buggered! found it though. Only afterwards when Dan wanted to find Asheridge2 did it become CRAZY! we didnt find that one in the dark sadly. But the Pit was just madness like Dan said...I literally crapped myself..., NIGHT CACHING RULES GUYS...Oh that brings me to my Query!!! LUNCHBOX TEAM WHERE ARE YOU? you sign our log book but not the site...

BenDavid

WESTSIDE RESPEK! Lets get the party started! xxxx

I've lost count of the number of caches I've done in the dark - usually returning from work - although I forgot the torch in "Wye Forest"! "Oh Deer" was also spooky (low mist, church bells, and eyes of hundreds of deer peering out of the mist). We nearly cut ourselves to bits at "Cranborne", not recommended.

[shameless plug] try "Avebury Stone Circle" in the dark, the pagans have been decorating the area with some very strange artifacts and Avebury has a life of its own anyway. icon_eek.gif

I've lost count of the number of caches I've done in the dark - usually returning from work - although I forgot the torch in "Wye Forest"! "Oh Deer" was also spooky (low mist, church bells, and eyes of hundreds of deer peering out of the mist). We nearly cut ourselves to bits at "Cranborne", not recommended.

[shameless plug] try "Avebury Stone Circle" in the dark, the pagans have been decorating the area with some very strange artifacts and Avebury has a life of its own anyway. icon_eek.gif

Ye Mamby Panby lot icon_smile.gif

Yer oughta try Winters Gibbet at 2 am on a fine winters morning, gentle breeze.. slight mist, call of the barn owl as it pounces on it's prey, shreek of the shrew as it realises.. LUNCH!!!

Or http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=11220

Another of my hescapades. one of many I may add.. recon I have done over half of my cahces at night.. on me lonesome.

Nothing to fear from the dark.. got more problem walkin down the street at 9pm than the hills at 2 am..

As fer grave yards.. dead never hurt anyone.. is only the living that can hurt you.

Moss de Boss... Sorta

Ye Mamby Panby lot icon_smile.gif

Yer oughta try Winters Gibbet at 2 am on a fine winters morning, gentle breeze.. slight mist, call of the barn owl as it pounces on it's prey, shreek of the shrew as it realises.. LUNCH!!!

Or http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=11220

Another of my hescapades. one of many I may add.. recon I have done over half of my cahces at night.. on me lonesome.

Nothing to fear from the dark.. got more problem walkin down the street at 9pm than the hills at 2 am..

As fer grave yards.. dead never hurt anyone.. is only the living that can hurt you.

Moss de Boss... Sorta