A geocacher's Christmas social?

Seifer

quote:
Originally posted by The Hornet:

Looks like beer & crips for Hornet, Pid & Lost in Space. All the more time for a bit of caching!

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

You can't beat a good "crip" on a Sunday lunchtime......

icon_wink.gif

quote:
This is to let people know that the pub is maxxed out as far as the lunches go.

Way to go!!! Lol!!

quote:
So if you want lunch, don't bother turning up if you haven't already booked.

There is ALSO a public bar, and I'm sure they can manage a sandwich or similar!

quote:
Unless Team Blitz can suggest another pub very close?

Well, I believe there's a pub in Crawley village, just under a mile away.

But as I said, I'm sure the pub can scrape together a sandwich or two.

Paul

Team Blitz

No, I gave YOU the spare batteries....

Ok, here's the list of names I'll be emailing to tell who to buy a 'secret santa' gift for.

I have put all the names into a box, so it's 100% fixed ^h^h^h^h^h^h oops, random!

If you do NOT want to take part, please let me know asap, and I'll re-allocate your name. If I've forgotten you, then apologies... and why not get something fun for some of the kids! (the under-18 kids I mean!)

MCL

cone_dxf

Huga

Nia

adrianjohn

Hornet

Masher

DJH

El10t

Pharisee

Pid

Dan

Merman

T&J

Chris & Maria

Team T8

The Mollinnis Crew

Simon G

Kouros

Lost In Space

Wronksian

The Wombles

Nawtcher

Lassitude

Richard & Beth

Jeremy P

Wow, that's a BIG list!!!!

So, no more than a couple of quid... if you're not sure what to buy the designated team, just buy something that is generally as silly as possible!

OK, did the draw... initially, dan and pid were going to be buying their OWN presents :-)... but they now have someone else to buy for!

Emails are on their way!

Paul

Team Blitz

I just sent off all the emails to tell you all who you are buying a secret gift for.... well all except for Chris & Maria, coz as I was about to send it, geocaching.com told me I'd "sent too many emails, so please wait for a while & try again".

Bugger, bugger, bugger!!!

So, if Chris & Maria could email me at paul@blitzfamily.org.uk, then I can tell them who their lucky recipients are!

Now, remember, if you want to bribe me to find out who bought you your gift (so you can arrange the hit squad) then prices start at only £50.... icon_wink.gif Easy payment plans can be arranged!

Have fun buying your gifts! Then wrap them up & clearly label them....

Paul

Team Blitz

quote:
Originally posted by MarcB:

Me, my parents and my two sisters will be going next week, see you there!

I was chatting with Marc online earlier: he tells me that he rang the pub, and that Bar-Food **WILL** be available for those of you who haven't managed to book a roast lunch.

Paul

Team Blitz

White gravel? What white gravel? I can't see any.... heck, who cares!

I had a quick chat to the pub last night: coz there are so many of us, they are gonna put a table or two into the main bar area, for people to have their meal at. If you have kids, and go that side, this actually works out well, because that's where the small play area is, outside

As you drive down the Stockbridge Road from Winchester, the pub is on the left: turn left at the cross roads (um, kinda south-ish!) and immediately left again takes you into the pub car park. Most visible is the restaurant entrance. To go to the BAR entrance, go past the building, and through the garden gate... you'll see a kiddies play area, bar door is on left opposite!

I'll have a box somewhere for the Secret Santa pressies as you arrive.

Timetable for the day: 12:00 to 2:00 (approx) is lunch. (having arranged my timetable better, I hope to be there by 12:00) While you have lunch, you will be able to do the 2 parts of Michael's quiz... (we'll see if we can find a prize for the winner!). If you haven't booked for the roast lunch, you'll be able to get some bar-food.

At 2:00 we'll give out the Secret Santa pressies, plus one other bit of (secret) fun. And I'll let you know where the first microcache is for the event's cache.

After that, you can play pictionary - based on cache names! - as well as drinking, being social, getting some exercise (doing the cache), and an opportunity to watch the video of "Inside Out".

The pub is open all afternoon, and as long as we all spend money, I'm sure the owners will be happy for us to be there!

I'll have my laptop with me... so if anyone is interested to see how OziExplorer works, just ask.

Don't forget to buy & wrap your Secret Santa gifts & put a name on them!

If you want to "release" or "pass on" a TravelBug at the meet, feel free to log it into the "cache" before Sunday: you'll see there are already 2 there!

Given the number of people attending, feel free to bring along a badge with your name on, so people know (and can remember!) who you are. I'll have some labels there too, if you want to use them.

So, see you all on Sunday!

Paul

Team Blitz

quote:
Originally posted by jeremyp:

We'll recognise you by the pallid complexion caused by never seeing sunlight, the coughing up of blood (asbestosis), head injuries (golfballs) and gunshot wounds.

That's not funny. Jeremy that is really not funny.

In fact its ruddy hilarious. icon_biggrin.gif

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz:

I was chatting with Marc online earlier: he tells me that he rang the pub, and that Bar-Food **WILL** be available for those of you who haven't managed to book a roast lunch.

Great! Just found out I have to be "down south" on Sunday evening so, assuming I can squeeze into the pub, I'll get to see you all for the social icon_cool.gif

quote:

If you want to "release" or "pass on" a TravelBug at the meet, feel free to log it into the "cache" before Sunday: you'll see there are already 2 there!

4 once I log the other two in, i'll have to decide who to give them to... bribes accepted icon_biggrin.gif

I have a travel bug called keepsake (TB773) that I will hand around and let every1 sign!

Michael aka 1/2 of Team Blitz

It's not a matter of win or lose...until you lose icon_biggrin.gif

Don't suppose anyone coming to the meet has an eTrex carry case they don't need and would like to sell?

Somehow I lost mine after only about its third or fourth use icon_frown.gif and before I go and pay the official price for a new one, I thought I'd see if anyone has a spare they don't need any more to sell. Thanks!

--

Seek and ye shall find (tupperware, ammo boxes, bears, free ISP CDs...)

Originally posted by Wronskian:

Don't suppose anyone coming to the meet has an eTrex carry case they don't need and would like to sell?

I'm hoping there might be a mobile phone case that fits... eg from a market stall. The problem is I keep forgetting to bring my GPS in when it's market day!!!!

paul

Team Blitz

Well, the case is useful for keeping the screen clean and scrathc-free, but can add nasty reflections....

There was a thread a while back about eTrex screen covers (stick-on plastic film of the right shape).

Did anyone ever get any of these, and if so, could they run a stall selling them in the pub on Sunday? Would be terribly useful for me...icon_smile.gif

Perhaps we need a bring'n'swap meet.

--

**Mother is the name of God on the lips of all children**

quote:
Originally posted by Huga:

Perhaps we need a bring'n'swap meet.

Don't forget to empty your car boots before you come as I shall be loading the Transit with a stack of Ammo Boxes. Some people have already indicated they want some but don't worry, there should be plenty for everyone so no need to 'order'.

See ya'll Sunday.

Peter

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

quote:
Originally posted by Huga:

There was a thread a while back about eTrex screen covers (stick-on plastic film of the right shape).

Did anyone ever get any of these, and if so, could they run a stall selling them in the pub on Sunday? Would be terribly useful for me...icon_smile.gif

If you want some free ones - there are some in the cache "look out for the longhorns" in Epping Forest. (not our cache so I hope that dosn't count as advertising icon_wink.gif

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

quote:

I'm hoping there might be a mobile phone case that fits... eg from a market stall. The problem is I keep forgetting to bring my GPS in when it's market day!!!!

I was wondering the same thing, after seeing a GPS mounted very snugly in a mobile phone dashmount (thanks to MCL). Significantly cheaper than the Garmin product (which I'd already bought - ach.)

Sam

--

Seek and ye shall find (tupperware, ammo boxes, bears, free ISP CDs...)

quote:
Originally posted by Wronskian:

I was wondering the same thing, after seeing a GPS mounted very snugly in a mobile phone dashmount (thanks to MCL).

Funnily enough, when I first saw Huga's one in its case I thought it *was* a mobile pohone case he'd got....

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

Sorry I couldn't make it today. Me and Anna finished work at 4.30am this morning and got to bed at half 5. Not suprisingly a 2 and a half hour drive after 11 hours work and 4 hours sleep didn't seem too enthrawling. Hope you all had fun meeting Pid icon_wink.gif see you all sometime soon hopefully.

Its just a hunt for a lunch box, why be so serious!?! badgerslayer.gif

Dan Wilson - www.Buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Sorry I couldn't make it today.

Hmmm... feeble excuse! Ok, we'll let you off! Shame you couldn't make it.... you would have enjoyed it, I think.

Pid has a 'Right Bar Staff Award' certificate for you, in honour of those 'right stinker' caches you have placed! You also share the 'Nighttime Achievement Award'!!!

Paul

Team Blitz

Yes cheers for those ones Paul!

On a note of Dan not making the meet.....I catch him up on cache find after grabbing some with Hornet today and he then decides to make the trip down the old A41 to get one in Herts without me! I mean I ask ya! LoL....Shame on you squire!

Pidster

--------------------------------------------------------

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them!

www.buckscaching.co.uk