Winchester Cache Bash & BBQ

quote:
Originally posted by TheCookieCrew:

Don't know about camping !! Is there space for my caravan ??

I don't think HCC would like caravans there (David??)... you're probably best off going to a local caravan site as friendly flyer suggests

Paul

Another proud member of the GAGB!

Some of you asked a while back how will the public know who we are and there were a few suggestions.

HCC will be producing badges for those helping out. The badges will simply say "Geocaching Assistant". Apparently they have been done using the colours of geocaching.com. Haven't actually seen them yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Geoff & Bonnie:

Just wondered if any other "Geocaching Assistants" will be taking their K9CCs (Canine Caching Companions) on the day. I'm sure that a lot of visitors will have their animals with them as Farley Mount is a very popular dog walking area.

Geoff

I'll be bringing Misty, my excitable cavalier king charles spaniel. She is very friendly but likes to shout at other dogs a bit.

I've offered my help on the day and the fact that I wish to camp on the Saturday night on the cache page.

I am also posting it here as I am not sure of where you are collecting names from.

[This message was edited by Kera on July 01, 2003 at 02:10 PM.]

On the Friday night, I was thinking about organising a projector, a screen, and a DVD / VCR player, so we could show some entertainment. (One reason would be that it would entertain "families" whilst some of us chat about final details for the Saturday)

The best idea I've come up with so far is to play a load of cartoons: kids of ALL ages will enjoy them, you can make good sarcastic comments at them, you can drop in & out of watching etc.

Would this be of interest? Any other ideas (both of what to do, and of what to show)... Michael suggested that we could watch The Blair Witch Project :-)

Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz:

On the Friday night, I was thinking about organising a projector, a screen, and a DVD / VCR player, so we could show some entertainment.

The best idea I've come up with so far is to play a load of cartoons: kids of ALL ages will enjoy them, you can make good sarcastic comments at them, you can drop in & out of watching etc.

Cartoons and sarcasm, you manage to combine two very enjoyable pastimes; sounds like a great idea.

quote:
Any other ideas (both of what to do, and of what to show)...

Well if anyone ever wants live music then I can try to put a band together.... but coming from Bournemouth some of the members might want re-imbursement for petrol money...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

quote:
Originally posted by plaid-dragon:

I'll be bringing Misty, my excitable cavalier king charles spaniel. She is very friendly but likes to shout at other dogs a bit.

Wish I had a doggy... icon_frown.gif

I have a few Tom n Jerry vids if you want me to bring 'em along, and a few other cartoons as well.

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

I like the idea of Blair Witch Project. But how about a viewing of

Humphry Bogart in "Cache-ablanca"!

Bizet's famous opera "Garmen"

"Cache 22"

Tango and Cache

Cache Gordon

Ooh I think I may have opened the flood gates on this one !!