Never thought I would say it - but thanks Chris Packham!

elfranko

If it were not for your just-slightly bizarre "Inside-Out" program, my family and I would never have discovered the joys of Geocaching! "GPS? Isn't that for people who like to walk their dog a lot?" Hurray for Chris Packham. Or his researcher for finding the Geocaching.com site.

Ho hum.

elfranko - of the Bradshaw Tribe

Don't forget to take a GPS of where you parked the car!

Yep, the guy is guilty as charged!

I actually met him at Old Winchester Hill when searching for Capital Hill. He was there on an 'personal' nature watch day with his daughter. We spoke briefly and I thanked him for introducing me to this 'past-time'. I also updated him on the Hippo's travels. He seemed like an 'ok' guy.

"Fear is temporary, regret is permanent!"

motley. adj. varied in appearance or character.

crew. n. group of people.

...Take it you've visited the Inside Out cache at Kingsley Vale?

Abi did this one on her own, she was on a walk with her sisters earlier in the year. She really wants to go back as it was such a nice location.

<b>Eagles may fly high, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines…</b>

Oddly enough Chris Packham didn't seem to be the one who was enthusiastic about Geocaching when we did the filming for Inside Out. I mean he wasn't disinterested, just didn't seem to be his kind of thing.

The real enthusastic person was Helen the segment producer who went out caching with Tim and June beforehand, and I hear came along to the HCC event in Winchester.

Regards,

Richard

I had a long chat with Helen at the HCC event. She wasn't there in a working capacity, just as an interested prospective geocacher. Once her baby is born she hopes to be able to take up geocaching.

Incidentally, the BBC cameraman who did some filming at the event, said that he was going straight off to buy a GPSr and an in car navigation unit. He was very enthusiastic and said this was just up his street!

Debbie

[This message was edited by THE BRAMBLERS on August 27, 2003 at 04:46 AM.]