Travel Bug in US wants to get to Belfast

InkyCat

Hi there! I've just picked up a TB that wants to get to Belfast, Northern Ireland. I have it with me now, and could place it in a cache a reasonable distance from JFK airport in New York. I am also going to be driving down to Florida and will go through many states where I could also leave it. Anyone over there planning to come to the US anytime soon? The TB owner is trying to get the TB overseas to his brother, I think it would be really cool to help it along.

InkyCat

Well this is getting interesting! I'm afraid Sacramento is 3000 miles from here, and Albuquerque at least 2000 (don't know what that is in kilometers, but its FAR).... I'll put a note on the Travel Bug's page about this discussion, if I end up leaving it in a hotel there's bound to be someone eventually going to the UK and I'll tell them to check this forum.

Meantime, when I go to Florida some of the cities I will be passing near to include Trenton, NJ; Baltimore; Washington, DC; Richmond, VA; Rocky Point, NC; Savannah, GA, Jacksonville and Daytona Beach, FL. That will be during the last week of November.

I'd love to visit the UK sometime, but until they build a bridge I probably will not 'cause I just don't want to fly anymore.

Take care!

InkyCat

Is Orlando a favorite entry point for Britons coming across the pond? Orlando would not be a bad drive from my Mom's house, plus I have a friend who lives there so we could kill two birds, so to speak.

We never did get a TB hotel reasonably CLOSE to JFK Airport -- I still have the bug and am leaving for Florida on Nov. 27.

Still open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks mates.

InkyCat

Is Orlando a favorite entry point for Britons coming across the pond?

Because of its proximity to the Disney resorts and other theme parks I would say yes it is. Although during the winter months I would guess there would be less traffic, as most of it is folk on vacation. Which airport you finally choose to drop your TB near to it wants to be one with good links to Europe to increase its chances of being picked up.

Either that or change its mission and say it is never to leave to USA or go anywhere near Belfast!!!!! ;)