Bowing out of the issue

Hi All,

I would just like to say that I apologise to anyone that I have upset over the last few days on the issues over GAGB, it was not intentional, and cannot say enough how I regret that this has lead to the resignation of T&J. Please Please reconsider.

I think my job in this issue is done. Issues and points have been raised in the debate but nothing more can be gained from my continued keyboard bashing.

I hope that the debate has managed to make people think a little more over the GAGB, which I am in no doubt will emerge, and will make it a little more focused on geocaching as a hobby and not geocaching.com

I think I'll steer clear of any get-togethers for a while.

Many thanks

Kev (Icenians)

Statistics show that those with the most birthdays live longest.

[Edited spelling]

I applaud your humility, Kev. I'm sure your intention was never to incur a resignation from Tim and June.

The whole GAGB thing has got to far away from reality.

Some of your comments have indeed made me think a little more clearly about GAGB, and I still feel (in principle) the idea is sound. My opinion being equally as valid as yours, I certainly do not hate you for having an opinion. A forum is a place for discussion and discussions we have certainly been having.

I join you in asking Tim and June to reconsider, but I think it has gone beyond that. When one does something for the love of it, to the point that it encroaches heavily upon ones own private life and the running of ones own business or doing ones own job (we all have to eat) yet one still takes many verbal batterings: well, somethings gotta give. Excuse the lapse in grammer but it's the best summary to that point.

Clamo, clamatis, omnes clamamus pro glace lactis.

GC:UK

GAGB

quote:
Originally posted by jeremyp:

quote:
Originally posted by Icenians:

I think my job in this issue is done. Issues and points have been raised in the debate but nothing more can be gained from my continued keyboard bashing.

So what was your job then? Force out as many of the current admins as possible?

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

Nice of you to finally support your co founders.

If you still can't seperate GAGB from GC.COM then I think that enforces much of my arguement over the last days.

Statistics show that those with the most birthdays live longest.

quote:
Originally posted by Icenians:

Nice of you to finally support your co founders.

I cannot be bothered to dignify that with a reply

quote:

If you still can't seperate GAGB from GC.COM then I think that enforces much of my arguement over the last days.

I don't see how that follows. As the result of actions by yourself and others, all of the UK forum/gc admins have resigned. This has nothing to do with GAGB except that GAGB was what set you off on your vendetta.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching

quote:

I don't see how that follows. As the result of actions by yourself and others, _all_ of the UK forum/gc admins have resigned. This has nothing to do with GAGB except that GAGB was what set you off on your vendetta.

If a person quits they must be responsible for their own action.

[Edited as I got it wrong first time]

If you put your hand in a bucket of water and pull it out, the hole that remains is a measure of how indispensible you really are.

[This message was edited by Icenians on May 14, 2003 at 11:55 AM.]

[This message was edited by Icenians on May 14, 2003 at 11:56 AM.]