Northern Cache Bash

Hi Peeps..

Decided it was about time we Oop Norf had a Cache Bash/Event sorta thingy..

The basics at present are this..

The area is Alston... There are few ways into Alston.. from any direction so there will be a cache on each major approach.

The location of the bash/drinky poo's will be co-ords in each of those caches.

This way you should be able to log atleast two caches.

There is plenty of caches in the area for those who wish to do more before or after.

At present I have a likley location for the bash, and locations for the 6 caches.. what I am after now is an indication of numbers. Once I have that I can plan a date.. some time mid June I'm hopeing.

I'm hopeing it is far enough North to get some of out friends across the border to attend.

Moss de Boss... Sorta

Looks like it's a Sunday then? icon_wink.gif

I'm sure we'll be able to get there, just let us know the date.

...and I really don't 'do' mornings, so please don't make it too early!!!

Oh, and somewhere dog friendly would be good (you know how well behaved they are).

I'll be happy to coom t'oop north from the far south (well Watford actually!!)

I've got nothing arranged in June so far but a definite date will be useful to make sure nothing clashes.

I'll probably come up for a few days just to enjoy the experience of caching in a brand new area and hopefully meeting a few new faces. Don't know if grandad (LiS) will come as well, could well do as he enjoys his trips away from the home icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

At last! Not only do I discover that the UK is being recognised but also the North! Count us in - we have 2 dogs & a 4 yr old though - camping is an excellant option - if the young 'un would be OK to come along?

icon_smile.gif

Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe.

We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start

We're travelling up on the 14th, so might be able to pop in dependent on journey time. Oh, and if we have time to do one of the caches to find out the location! Unless we resort to a pub crawl to find you.........

We will be staying at Scotchcoultard, - is this very far away from the event?

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

How many *mad howling kilt wearing loonies* icon_biggrin.gif are planning some looting and pillaging in the far South anyway ?

If I'm going it will be down and back up same day as Rolf Harris said there's room on my horse for at least another 2 or 3

Could manage more but the pet haggis will take up the boot space icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Contact via the profile if interested ........

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

We're travelling up on the 14th, so might be able to pop in dependent on journey time. Oh, and if we have time to do one of the caches to find out the location! Unless we resort to a pub crawl to find you.........

We will be staying at Scotchcoultard, - is this very far away from the event?

On the map I was looking at about 20 miles!!

Looking forward to meeting you if you can make it. Will you be bringing some of T&J's bears as swaps for our northern caches??? icon_smile.gif

(Every one needs a bigger letterbox!)

quote:
Originally posted by Pooter:

There can't be that many pubs in Alston

We know of 2 that we visited when staying in Alston for the night when cycling the C2C route. (also remember the nice steep cobbled street on the way out which we had to climb first thing in the morning after breakfast. Were we glad we have suspension on our bikes!)

Maria

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

We will not be able to get to the Bash because we are rowing the length of Windermere that day 24 miles. We hope to raise lots for St Gemmas Hospice. But last year on our way back we stopped in Alston for food. I expect it will all be over by the time we get there. We are sorry that we will miss it.

The Spokes

quote:
Originally posted by The Spokes:

We will not be able to get to the Bash because we are rowing the length of Windermere that day 24 miles.

Good luck with the rowing Spokes - sounds like hard work!

Your best off doing that - everone else has been rowing the length of the UK on these forums! icon_biggrin.gif

Rich

mobilis in mobili

Originally posted by The Hungry Caterpillars:

The other half of The Hungry Caterpillars says

that I might be allowed to come out to play as long as she is there to supervise so hope to see you there.Is there any info on places to stay other than camping as I am a bit soft. icon_biggrin.gif[/quote

Just search for Alston Cumbria and there are loads of links to the town, I booked into one of the pubs and it was only £45 for a double with private bathroom, although Alston is only 31 miles as the crow flies from home I do like a drink and others to follow. A very nice town alston , as you go up the top end it's liking going back in time

Nige

quote:
Originally posted by The Spokes:

We will not be able to get to the Bash because we are rowing the length of Windermere that day 24 miles. We hope to raise lots for St Gemmas Hospice.

Hope you have a great day and raise lots and lots and lots.

Kind regards

Sam (the real Rockratgirl)

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

Me again! I'm still hoping to come along and probably camp overnight - we have a big tent or a caravan - need to find out where to leave either one! icon_wink.gif

Hungry Caterpillers - thanks for that. I have 7 rats, 6 guinea pigs, 2 degus & 2 dogs at present.

Sam

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:
Originally posted by The Northumbrian:

Opening time for me......

Is that 'opening time' in the morning or the evening ? (if the pub doesn't stay open all day)

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

[/quote

Morning , but I will probably not get there until about 12 ish, I dont want to miss the other 5 pubs on the route over icon_smile.gif

Nige

The Northumbrian is a member of The Geocaching Association of Great Britain

Unfortunately for us (but a huge relief to many Geocachers I'm sure! icon_wink.gif), Team Rockratgirl will not be able to make this meet.

Health and financial issues pending, we would be delighted to attend the next North bash.

I hope all who attend have a fantastic time.

Sam & Gang

Hi Rockrat Girl,we were looking forward to meeting you and your partner and actually stayed in the pub for longer than we meant to hoping that you would turn up.We had a great time with a fascinating bunch of people.We are sure you would have really enjoyed yourselves.As we live in Yorks as you do we may come across you at alater date.Hope health /wealth get sorted soon. icon_smile.gif