Southern Cache Bash 2003

Seen the cache page and the 'Hidden' date is 5th April. I have the 6th in my diary - I assume the 6th is still the date?

The 5th it is then! - I'll be there.

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

[This message was edited by The Hornet on March 03, 2003 at 09:09 AM.]

Just to let everyone know the plan is that there will be a Foxhunt starting from the pub (more details to follow). Catching the fox entitles you to get the details of a special cache in the Forest full of limited edition treasure.

For those not wanting to do the fox hunt there will be a few brand new caches within walking distance for you to try.

Bear rescues a speciality!

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

"Did you come up with any ideas for B&B?????"

I finally got my tickets, and I am landing in London 3 April... I will be there! (lord willing and the creek don't rise) This is also dependant on my figuing out the local trains.

I would treasure any suggestion on B&Bs nearby.

Thanks

Haicoole

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz:

We are hoping to be there: if we come, I would be only too happy to take a couple more along from the Winchester area (I have an MPV with 7 seats, and free diesel!).

We don't need a lift, but I'll bring a couple of cans for some of the free diesel. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

-

Yeah, I shall definitely be there.

If not at least to prove to everyone who's attacked me recently that I do exist and that generally I'm a nice guy.

See you next week, guys! icon_smile.gif

--

Why'd ya have to go and make things so complicated?

quote:
Originally posted by Teasel:

Might explain why my total posts figure has plummeted to 6. Perhaps this is the number of posts which actually survived the conversion? icon_rolleyes.gif

No, if you click on someone's name and then 'View recent posts by...' from the dropdown menu, they're all there still.

SimonG.org - now with added blog!

quote:
Originally posted by TheCookieCrew:

icon_frown.gifBeing new to the sport we would have loved to come along, unfortunatley we cannot do the 5th, have a great time, and can someone be quick to organise the next one, maybe an easter egg hunt somewhere...... oh yes no food in caches....! icon_wink.gif

I was thinking about organising an informal picnic in the Winchester area sometime in the next few months.... anyone interested? I was thinking about maybe Sunday lunchtime, **very informal**.

One place I was thinking of has easy parking, plenty of space for the kids to run around, with an adjacent playground. Another is even bigger, but no playground.

The auxilliary question is: just a picnic, or do we want some caches? Remember, I was thinking "low key"...

See you all on Saturday!

Paul

Noone in their right mind would place a cache THERE....

picnic only, if you ask me.

We spend a lot of our time doing caches. When I come to a bash, I want to spend the limited time talking to the people, not out looking for caches.

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

quote:

I was thinking about organising an informal picnic in the Winchester area sometime in the next few months.... anyone interested? I was thinking about maybe Sunday lunchtime, **very informal.

That's funny, I was having the same thought about somewhere in the Chichester area :-)

My idea was a child friendly pub, but a picnic is good :-)

WoodSmoke

quote:
My idea was a child friendly pub, but a picnic is good :-)

Done pubs.... I thought a picnic would be something (a) different; (:( cheaper and © somewhere the kids could be entertained & make mess & not get too bored!

It's something to chat about on Saturday.

Looks like it will be Michael, Callum & me coming along... Debbie feels that going out to a concert at 7pm in Winchester is more important than geocaching!!! icon_smile.gif

Paul

Entertainment

We spent a lot of the weekend wandering round with fully loaded Ammo boxes and have updated the cache page accordingly.

The new caches will be realeased some time on Thursday so that you can download them in time. We don't mind if you do them on the way to, on the way from or during the bash. The choice will be yours.

quote:

I was thinking about organising an informal picnic in the Winchester area sometime in the next few months.... anyone interested? I was thinking about maybe Sunday lunchtime, **very informal.

Chichester or Winchester - both are fine with us - sorry we can't make it this Saturday - we have our Scout Group disco late afternoon and wouldn't have been back in time. Child friendly pub or picnic - I don't mind which,

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeee & Matt, Dunk & Ali

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't you think that sooner or later someone will notice that its a mobile phone not a GPS your using???

Entertainment Cont.

Looks like we got back a load of missing messages so this thread don't make a whole lot of sense anymore.

Anyway Mark (the Cat) has helpfully stepped in to provide the promissed Foxhunt - which can be found Here.

Details of the meet can be found Here.

Just a note to say it's your last chance to ask if you'd like a lift from Winchester or nearby: up to 4 seats available (or less if you want to bring a bike).

We'll have 3 bikes with us (2 on the back, smaller one inside) to go exploring the forest.

Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Chris n Maria:

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

When do you propose to 'un-archive' the new caches, please.

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

T&J have promissed to do it today icon_cool.gif

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Splendid, If I start out now I might just beat Hornet to at least one of them. icon_biggrin.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.